Chapter 18

Whispers around the school traveled quite fast in the coming days. Glances and giggles were shared between the gossiping students. Even the first years were aware of it all. Or, at least what everyone's speculation was. Even if they hadn't known the specific details that mattered little to them. Vast over exaggerations seemed to be the theme of the schools occupants. It was more entertaining for them that way.

It was exactly what you feared would happen. Obviously it was unavoidable for people not to have noticed. Sebastian's outbursts and public displays of affection couldn't have gone unnoticed. Seemingly that was his plan all along. You had hoped if you played it discreetly you'd have some plausible deniability. Unfortunately after that night you entered the common room so late with Ominis on your tail and Sebastian's upset reaction it was bound to have the students curious of your situation.

Which one were you with, Sebastian or Ominis? That was the burning question they all wondered. If you were with one of them, that must mean you were sneaking around with the other. Some even speculated you were with both. An unorthodox love triangle that the three of you were in on. It was all so scandalous compared to the years of a perfect image your fame had brought to you.

The idea of people speculating on your love life was not your deepest concern. Yes, the more outlandish rumors had bothered you only because of the ridiculousness of them, but that was not the most damaging part of your situation. You knew the people who were after you would first attack those you care about. Your family was able to protect themselves. Alcombey hadn't been under attack since it's founding. They were safe from any danger you had created. But, every time Sebastian or Ominis left the Hogwarts grounds your mind worried tremendously. Would they end up suffering the consequences of your actions?

Sebastian hadn't seemed to be able to wrap the idea around his head. After that passionate night you shared a large part of him believed things would have changed. You couldn't have faked that, could you? No matter how much you told him why you couldn't be with him and why you didn't want people to link you romantically he still never accepted your answer. Perhaps only because you refused to tell him that Ominis had nothing to do with your decision.

Similarly Ominis was left equally as confused by you. He knew something was wrong. He knew Sebastian wouldn't have let your shared kiss go so easily. His heart ached hearing you confess to kissing Sebastian as well. Even though you left out certain details to spare his feelings he still hurt deeply from it. Ultimately Ominis was more understanding. He knew you were not his to claim. No matter how much he had wanted to.

Your feet swing back and forth as your toes slightly  tap the stone ground below you. Your posture was laid back and relaxed as you rested on top of the stone barrier lining the walls of Hogsmeade. It seemed as though you were lost in your own thoughts. All the students and townspeople who passed you did not have the courage to interrupt. That was until an unexpected voice pulled you out of your own mind.

"Hello there." A cheery unfamiliar voice called out to you. Your eyes glance up to meet those of a red headed boy who smiled widely as he approached "I'm sorry to interrupt you."

"No worries." You assure as you look at him curiously "have we met before?" You knew that you hadn't, you always prided yourself on remembering people you've met. After all the years of touring to meet adoring fans it paid off to remember their faces. Every time you came back to a city and remembered them before, even after a brief encounter, it brought them joy.

"No we haven't." He confirms as he holds out his hand "My name is Garreth Weasley." You reach out your hand and shake his.

"My name is y/n." You introduce politely.

"Oh, I know who you are." He laughs "everyone in the world knows who you are."

"I supposed I try not to assume." You giggle in return. Garreth releases your hand and places his palms on his hips.