Chapter 22

Quickly the seasons change. The warm summer air turns crisp and cold offering red fall leaves from the trees. Everyday you look out Hogwarts windows and barely notice the changes. Until suddenly it feels as if it happened over night.

Ever since you remember you never enjoyed the cold. Often your mother would take you to far away warmer places to escape it. Whether that be the more sweltering states in America, or southern countries of Europe that touch the ocean. This year you would not be escaping it.

Rarely do you have the time to consider the predicament you've placed yourself in. In one night you made a decision that ceased your freedoms, or what little freedoms you had. No longer was your life occupied by your career and training. Instead your new set schedule involved classes and extracurriculars. The bustling town of Alcombey replaced by the winding halls of Hogwarts. Did you miss what you had before? Do you regret it?

As you sit up in your bed you allow your mind to wonder. Something that terrified you as of late. Thinking about it all. Remember what she looked like as she lay there like that. Lifeless and empty.

No, you didn't regret it.

Still, you didn't share the same hatred as Sebastian. You were reasonable enough to know not all goblins. They weren't all bad. What little kindness you had left still pulled at your heartstrings. You could remain empathetic to a point.

As you and Fig unraveled the mystery of that night together you realized why the ashwinders had shown up. They were teamed up with the goblins. A rebellion was forming, and it all began with a single goblin. Ranrok.

Though, it wasn't just you who realized this. Whispers were being shared. It was hard to ignore the sudden uproar of goblin attacks. Poachers were growing in numbers daily. Ashwinders we're plotting in towns all around you. What is it they all sought after?

You push the thoughts to the back of your head once more. A sigh left your lips as you look at the empty room around you. Headmaster Black was kind enough to gift you a private room. Still, it almost isolated you more from the other students. As if being who you were didn't do that already. You were an enigma to them all. Something to gawk at. Previously you were accepting of that fact. Fame had made it hard for people to see you as human. You were just the girl that sang songs and danced for their amusement. Now, on top of that you are known for stealing a dragon and burning the goblins who stole your closest friend from you.

'Enough' you think to yourself. You were doing it again. Dwelling on things you could not change. It would do you little good to allow your mind down that path. You had already done that countless nights and days before.

There was no urgency in your movements. Slowly you walk through the almost empty common room. As you descend the stairs you are greeted by the soulless eyes of your brother. He waited sat on the spiral stairs like he always did when you were late.

Neither of you cared much for the lessons you were forced to attend. There was no new spells or potions that they could teach you. Your father had expedited all the knowledge you could ever need in your private lessons. It was expected of you to achieve beyond your peers. Even more so for Elias.

"Hello." You say simply as you approach him. He looks at you expectedly in return.

"You're going to Sharps, correct?" He asks the question he already knew the answer to.

"Yes." You reply. Elias nods while he stands. Both of you ascend up the stairs.

"What potion are you making?" He inquires after a few minutes of silent walking out of the Slytherin dungeon. You look at him curiously.