Chapter 33

"On the chair." Juan calls out as he strides into the room looking happy.
The same guards as time follow him into the room and start setting up the camera.

I stand up and drop into the seat, placing one leg over the other. "Good morning Juan. Or is it evening? You never really know what time it is around here."

The men move away from the camera and it starts flashing, I don't bother paying it attention, I don't want to act suspicious with the men in the room. If he is sending them back to Aaron and Cole I can't let them know I suspect it.

"Five days are up it's question time." He rubs his hands together looking excited.

"Please, ask away." I nod at him hoping to make it quick, I just want him in and out of here, I want to get Luca back.

"I'm so happy with you Florence. The information you gave us checked out, I now feel a sense of trust in you my good girl." He steps closer to me, but allowing the camera the view of us.

I recoil at his words, first of all do not call me good girl and secondly checked out?
What the fuck.
I can't ask him what he means since he would then know I was lying so I keep my face neutral and think about what I'm going to answer him.

"Well you know I heard the call, he does not care for me so why should I help him. His empire deserves to fall and yours should flourish." I hope the flattery covers my recoil earlier.

He looks at me with delight, his grin couldn't get any bigger if he tried. I've won a part of him over, clearly this man is insecure and flattery is the way to his heart.

"Well I was going to use knives today to get you talking but clearly I don't need to, you're my good girl aren't you Florence."

I will cut his tongue out if he continues to call me good girl.

Shut up brain.

"Of course I am Juan. Ask away, I will tell you any information I have on the matter whether small or big." I give him a cheeky wink hoping it does a little more flattering.

"Oh stop it. You're perfect, I might just keep you for myself." He looks at me differently, as if he could see a life for us both, as if he sees our future. I stare at him blankly which seems to shake him out of his dreams.

"Question of the day..." he takes a moment to think before he continues. "Where does Mr Russo keep important things, say documents he doesn't want anyone to get their hands on, information to all his assets. You get what I mean."

Fuck. Does Aaron even keep important things? He never ever done business around me, I wouldn't even know where he kept his stapler let alone important documents.
Think Florence.

"Sorry I whisper to Juan, trying to act timid.

"Take your time my good girl. I know it can be hard for you to remember things." He smiles at me stroking a strand of my hair.

His tongue will go first and then his hand. I calm myself with the thought and sit looking like I'm trying to figure it out. Really I'm trying to figure out my play, the ball is in my court.

"Ah! Vienna." I call out clapping my hands as I look at the camera. I sure as shit hope they're seeing this.
"I heard him on the phone to a man once, it was after a meeting with someone I thought it must've been important since he was there all day he didn't get in till early hours. He said to the man to take it to Vienna, he keeps it in a different country. I'm sorry I hope this helps."

I look down at the ring on my finger, the promise ring Juan never took off of me. Stupid stupid boy.
I said Vienna for a reason, I pray for what I'm about to do she sees it so it's not all for nothing.