Prophecy of the Hunter Green Ninja

Onyx stood on deck, watching the other ninja- which, she realized, now included Lloyd-walk inside. "Hm. Such a shame. So you're not the special one. Must be because of your prophecy," Garmadon said with a dark chuckle. Onyx's head whipped to him. "Brother..." Wu said warningly. Garmadon shrugged. "What? I thought she ought to know about the second one," he said before drifting after the others.

Onyx looked to Wu. "What does he mean?" She asked quietly. Desperately. Wu opened his mouth but didn't say anything. Onyx could see him thinking. "Follow me," he said finally. He led her into his room, where he pulled a scroll out from under his mattress and rolled it open on his small tea table. Onyx kneeled beside him, staring at the paper. She couldn't read the script, but she could interpret the illustrations.

There were three, running down the paper. One: the figure of a Ninja in Hunter green with a dark silhouette with wickedly pink eyes behind it. 
Two: the Ninja standing alone, back turned to the figure of a ninja in green.
Three: the Ninja wearing black and red, surrounded by flames, black, shards of fuchsia material, and with the pink eyes as its own.

Onyx shook. "What does it mean?" She whispered. Wu rubbed the bridge of his nose. "There's a prophecy that speaks of a Hunter green ninja. One who is a foil to the Green Ninja in every way. One wields the power passed from the First Spinjitzu master, and the other wields the power passed from the darkness he battled. This prophecy states that the Hunter Green ninja could lose themselves to their own power and bring the light to ruin," Wu answered.

Onyx shook her head, backing away from the table. "No. No. I-I'm not going to-" she wrapped her arms around herself. "Onyx, it's not set in stone. This prophecy is simply meant to serve as a warning. I have faith in you. That you're strong enough to keep your power under control," Wu said. Onyx fixed him with hollow eyes. "And what if I'm not?" She asked. Wu closed his eyes. "Then the Green Ninja will either stop you... or there won't be a Ninjago left for him to protect."

Onyx clenched her teeth. "I'll keep training. I'll keep learning. I'm not going to destroy Ninjago. If that's what destiny says, then I refuse to listen!" She shouted the last words, slamming the sliding door shut and hurrying off. She needed to hit something, and a punching bag in the training room would do nicely. She almost ran into Cole in the hallway. "Hey, Onyx. What're you up-" He stopped talking when she looked at him. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine. I'm just going to train," she said stiffly, slipping past him and walking away.

Onyx pummeled a training bag, kicking and hitting it until her fists started to bleed and she could barely lift her arms. She swung another time, though wound up only lightly tapping the bag. She fell into it, sliding down it until she was sitting on the floor. Onyx stared at her quivering, bleeding hands. The hands that could someday destroy everything she cared about. She clenched them tightly, squeezing droplets of blood from the abrasions on them. She couldn't let that happen. She wouldn't.

Onyx cried. She cried until she couldn't anymore, and then she stood. 'I swear... I swear I'm not going to fulfill that prophecy. I'm going to stay good. I'm not going to lose to my powers.'

————————————————————————

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a short chapter, and I'm sorry about that. But I've finished up the show I was in. And I miss everyone! I'd never cried onstage until that final show. And I wasn't the only one. I'll miss standing on the set, wearing those Egypt collars, being lifted into the air during the Hoedown, bopping and singing along to the Elvis-inspired Pharaoh... and just being with all of them. I've never been in a show quite like this one. I'd never felt so welcome. I'm sorry for dumping on you. I just had to say that.