‌: ̗̀➛ Prologue

‌.·:☆¨༺ ༻¨☆:·.

5th December 2021

"How much longer is this going to take?" The blond grumbled as he looked up at the sky, the trees of the forest they were walking into blocking the sunlight yet letting some seep through, he squinted his eyes.

"We're almost there just hold on." The dulcet sound of a woman made him look away rubbing his eyes and letting out a yawn.

"I'm so tired, just hurry up." He said as he ran ahead, jumping over the rocks and stumps.

"I'll let you sleep as long as you want just behave for now!" The woman let out annoyed, increasing her pace trying to follow the boy.

"Mom hurry up! We're here!!" He yelled as his mom followed towards him, putting her basket down on the green grass surrounding the big tree as if they're little gaurds protecting their queen.

Both the faeries joined their hands at at tree to show respect. He looked up at the sky once again, but this time it was no longer visible as the trees surrounding covered it, leaving them shaded.

"Now as the elders say, on every-" The woman spoke but was cut off.

"On every faerie's 16th season cycle, they are to swallow the offsprings provided by mother Ethos with a droplet of their blood to receive a piece of her power, if the rite's failed to be carried out within the day, the faerie is to be deceased powerless....blah blah i know how it goes mom." The blond mocked in an elderly tone about the ancient old ritual that has been followed till this day in Fay Ardour.

His mother laughing at her son's act but also lightly slapping his arm, "Since my son already knows his history, shall we start?" She smiled once getting a cheery nod in reply.

Stepping closer to the big tree, the boy felt light on his feet staring at it's aged but strong roots covered with black and sap green vines.

The blond's gaze followed the tree's broad trunk up to it's vast branches with no ends, covered in vines and leaves that blossomed black florets resembling the looks of a berry.

Soon as if the forest had breathed, a draft of wind blew causing the boy to feel it's chilliness through his blond strands as he noticed a floret falling to his feet.

Looking back at his mother who was still watching, she sent him an affirming smile causing him to slide a small dagger out his pocket.

The boy got on his knees pricking his index finger while squinting his eyes to pick the floret up and let the blood flow onto it, watching as his blood started to seep into its petals.

He closed his eyes as he placed the bloodied floret into his mouth, chewing softly as he cringed, caused by the sour taste of it.

"Make sure to pray." His mom whispered to him as he joined his hands.

'Dear mother Ethos.. I'm not certain about getting my powers but please let the world stay as kind as it is to me now.. and also please keep my mom safe and happy, that's all I pray for..'

✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩ͯ•͙͙✧⃝•͙͙✩ͯ

Wand & Zuzu

‌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───