F O U R

The door made a noise. Jisoo and Minji entered the room. Minji seemed to be very sad and tensed. As soon as she saw you, Minji ran into your arms. You teared up as soon as she embraced you.

You started kissing her face and said, "Minji, are you still mad at me dear?"

She shook her head and hugged you tightly. She accidentally hurt you but that didn't matter for you. Seeing your daughter again was the real medicine for you at that time.

"I love you mom. I... I'm sorry.", she mumbled while crying into your arms.

"It's okay baby. It's all okay."

You let go of her and looked at Jisoo who was admiring the mother-daughter duo with glossy eyes.

You waved your hand to call her near you. You hugged her tightly and whispered, "Thank you Jisoo unnie."

She gently caressed your hair and said, "I'm her aunty too. It's okay Y/n."

Hoseok was observing the scene with a cute and plumpy smile on his face.

You looked at him and a thought arrived your mind.

"Are we doing the right thing?"

Somehow he managed to read your face and his smile fainted. You both stared into each other's eye. It was like you both were exchanging your thoughts through your eyes. You both were confused and at the same time, determined.

Jisoo broke the hug. She seems to have noticed the tension between you and him. It was visible.

After an hour-

You and Jisoo were chatting and Hoseok went outside with Minji to feed her something.

"Y/n can I ask you something?", Jisoo said while placing your palm in her lap.

"Yeah unnie."

"Do you still want to separate?", she asked looking at you with hopeful eyes.

You looked down. What will you even answer? A question which have a lot of answers but not a single correct answer.

"It's okay. I won't bother you again."

"No unnie, I'm not angry at you I-", your phone started ringing before you could finish. It was Hoseok.

You picked up.

Hoseok- Hello Y/n. Where is Jisoo?

He was panicking a bit. Though he tried not to show it.

Y/n- She's here.

Hoseok- Tell her to stay near you. I'm coming soon.

Y/n- Huh? What happened? Hoseok?

Y/n- The Police! They can be here anytime.

You sighed and laughed.

Hoseok- Why the hell are you laughing??

Y/n- It's just the police Hoseok not Jimi-
You froze. Again, that name made it to your mouth. Your attention was grabbed by Jisoo as she shrugged your shoulder.

"What happened?"

"It's just the police. Hoseok asked you to stay here for some more time."

"Yep. Sure."

You faintly smiled. After a minute, two tall policeman, wearing their uniforms, entered the room and sat down on the stool near you.

You bowed to them and looked at Jisoo. She nodded with a gesture of It's okay. They probably noticed you worrying and said, "It's alright Mrs. Y/n. We're just here to interrogate. I know police can be a little intimidating."

"Thanks. Can we wait for my husband, Hoseok?"

"We don't have much time. He'll come afterwards. Don't worry."

You nodded.

One of the police man looked at Jisoo and asked, "And you, miss?"

"I'm Kim Jisoo, her friend and a doctor here."
They both shook hands.

The interrogation starts. At first it was all a cup of tea for you. After all that shit, you got a bit of experience to handle personal questions, fierce eye contact and things like that.

"Now, we would like Mrs. Jisoo to step out for a bit."
You both looked at each other.

'What? Why? She isn't bothering us officer.", you tried to explain. But they didn't listened anything. Before things would get complicated, Jisoo stood up and all eyes went towards her.

"You're right officer. This is a private interrogation, I should not bother you  But if I found out anything suspicious from Y/n, or hear her scared because of you, I swear to God.", she glanced.

"You shouldn't forget your limits madam.", the officer said while giving her a sharp glare.

"She my patient and I just want the best for her.", Jisoo glared. She can be a little overprotective sometimes.

She patted your shoulder, you looked at her and nodded. Though her tone was harsh, she was actually right. After all the drama, sorry, trauma, both you and Hoseok were afraid of these things. Trusts were broken. You couldn't even trust one another, and no one can trust police.