𖥧 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅

If there was one thing Mark Sloan hated more than the Red Sox baseball team, it was waking up early for work: It drained him.

All he wanted was a nice lie in, to wake up at ten, steal breakfast from next door and then have a day full of fun surgeries, like breast augmentations or people whose skin is so shredded they look like mince meat.

But no, he had to be up at six. Which wasn't too early, but he was a complete night owl, so six am was insulting in his opinion. In fact, it was utterly insulting.

Getting up was no easy task, but somehow he managed to drag himself out of bed and meander into the kitchen with little more than a few yawns and eye droops. He wasn't expecting to find Madeline, sat upright at the kitchen table like some kind of possessed doll.

He almost screamed, and Mark did not scream, ever. He was tough, and manly and unafraid of everything, so his heart slamming rapidly against his rib cage was completely normal.

"Jesus, kid!" He held his hand to his chest, breathing heavily, "Why the hell are you up at six?"

"I've been up since half five."

He frowned, clutching the kitchen counter, and exclaimed, "Why?!"

She recoiled, and just shrugged, murmuring, "I always get up at half five."

But that wasn't a good enough explanation to him, and he was still flabbergasted, "Why?!"

"So that I can get my chores done before doing work."

His brain was trying to process why on earth this kid was up at the crack of dawn for chores, when he was a kid, if anyone mentioned chores he'd groan and mope about, not doing them until the absolute last minute.

"But, you don't have any chores- Have you eaten anything?"

She shook her head and replied, "Nope."

"Uhh," He scratched his head, well-aware that none of these boxes contained any kind of food in them, "Tell you what, go over to Callie's place at a normal time, i'm sure Arizona will let you have some food."

"Okay."

He grumbled to himself, stroking his stubble (which he was adamant not to shave, stubble was hot and made his super cute girlfriend blush around him), "And for the love of god, go back to sleep kid."

So instantly, she went back to her room as he asked, and he lightly hit his head against the cold of the refrigerator before going and getting ready for the morning.

By the time he was showered, dried his hair, put product in his hair, rediscovered the aftershave Lexie really liked the smell of and finally hunted down his I.D badge, Madeline was back in the living room, still clad in her pyjamas.

He frowned a little as he noticed, hauling his leather jacket over his arms, "You not gonna get dressed?"

"Oh um, I still don't have any clothes."

He grimaced and nodded, "Right well uh, wear what you wore yesterday for now, okay? I'll leave my keys on the kitchen counter, lock up when you leave for Callie's, alright?"

"Okay, but what time do I go to Callie's?"

"Uhh, I don't know like nine?"

"Okay."

"Alright, i'll see you later kid, remind Arizona that my credit card is in her little black handbag."

"Bye."

He waved before leaving the apartment, hoping to god he'd have at least one fantastic surgery today.

𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘