𖡼 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅

Maddie had decided that she hated her sister. As a single child, she'd always dreamed of having a sibling; someone who understood her and was a designated best friend for life.

Obviously, it hadn't turned out that way with Sloan. The woman was a complete and utter nuisance, she stole Maddie's food, she stole her stuff, she stole away all the attention from their dad, and acted like a complete bitch after all of that.

Maddie tried to cut her some slack at first, seeing as Sloan was eighteen, pregnant and living with a family she'd known for a few months. But now, she was driving her absolutely crazy, and in Maddie's opinion, the faster she was gone, the better.

After the Christmas holidays, school was back in swing, and so was the baseball team, with Maddie's first game of the season being tonight, and so she'd been practising like hell, and every single ball she swung, she'd imagined it was Sloan's face.

Safe to say, she swung pretty hard, and the ball went pretty far.

"What is your sister going to do when the baby's born anyway?"

Maddie just shook her head, looking solemnly at her newly found friend, Emiko; who was her dads absoloute favourite out of her friends, as not only was she the captain of the baseball team, but she was also Maddie's Japanese tutor every Monday and Wednesday.

"Hopefully she'll leave and never come back." She replied, swinging her backpack over her shoulder as they made their way back from the baseball pitch to the school building,

"Seriously? I'd be so devastated if I never saw my sisters again." Emiko had two younger siblings, but anyone would think they were triplets the amount of time they spent together.

"Yeah well," Maddie shot her a pointed glance, "You haven't met Sloan."

Emiko just shrugged, tying her long brown hair into a ponytail and quickly changing the subject, Maddie and Sloan was a topic which ended in many angry outbursts,

"So is your dad coming tonight?"

Instantly, Maddie beamed and nodded vigorously, "Yeah, he said he wouldn't miss it for the world." Recently, Maddie had felt like she was second best to Sloan, but this would make up for all of it.

"Well he's coming for the right game," Emiko had a smirk on her face as they entered the cafeteria, "We're gonna absoloutely smoke the other team."

"You're sure?"

"Seriously?" The taller girl looked to Maddie with mock offence, "Have you seen our team- Oh!" Maddie saw her waving to a group of girls sat around one of the tables near the back before she asked, "Speaking of our team, we're gonna sit together this lunch, do you wanna come?"

Maddie struggled to fight the grin that was trying to rise on her face at the thought of sitting with her team, but she couldn't, "I'm sorry, I'd love to but I need to plan my presentation with Dylan."

At Dylan's name, Emiko's face contorted into a kind of scowl, "How are you friends with that girl?"

"What do you mean?" As far as Maddie was concerned, she thought that everyone liked Dylan, and hadn't heard any different in the months she'd been here.

"She's a bully." Emiko lowered her voice, afraid that one of Dylan's lackeys would hear her and report back, "I'm serious, Maddie, she's not the kind of girl you want to be associated with."

She wasn't quite sure how to respond, and instead just looked down at her shoes and murmured, "Um, I have to go but- I'll see you later."

Emiko sighed and placed a fake smile on her face, "Sure, laters."