⚘ 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔, 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 '𝒃'𝒔

Things had been different since her dad came back from LA. In some senses they were better, in some, they were worse. Sloan was gone, so in Maddie's opinion, that was one of the best things to happen to her in her entire life. But it was all so quiet, she could tell her dad was trying to hold things together for her.

Losing Lexie was something that had hit them both, hard. And Mark had swore that Lexie would never be coming back again, Maddie didn't know what she'd done, but he said he was finished with her and that they'd be better off just forgetting about her completely.

How did he expect her to do that? Pretend like one of the most important people in her life hadn't disappeared completely and just... be happy about it?

"Arizona's gonna pick you up today, if that's alright, I've got a major surgery that doesn't end until five."

Even the car was cold, Maddie had her head leaning against the steamed window and hummed,

"Okay."

Mark looked over at her for a moment, finding himself stuck on what to say to elicit a response from his daughter,

"How's school... You've got that maths test today, right?"

"Yeah."

He lightly tapped his fingers against the steering wheel and nodded slowly, "You feeling good for it?"

"Fine." She replied, and he quietly sighed to himself before murmuring,

"Good, that's good then."

Thankfully, it was only a few minutes until they'd reached school, and Maddie was more than eager to get out of the car, Mark on the other hand wanted to spend more time with his daughter,

"Have a great day-" He tried, but she'd already undone her seatbelt and jumped out the passenger door,

"-Bye." She slammed the door shut behind her before slinging her bag over her shoulder and shoving her hands in her pockets.

Home wasn't going well. School wasn't going well. Nothing was going well for Maddie at all.

But school was a more difficult situation than home because at home it was simple: her step-mom left and now she was miserable. With school? Her best friend is most likely a bullying, manipulative bitch and she didn't know what to do with that information. 

Another thing she hated about school was registration in the mornings, as her form tutor was the absolute worst, luckily for Maddie, he wasn't in today and their supply teacher was just sitting on her phone at the start of the lesson.

Dylan and Birdie were doing drama homework- Well, Birdie was last minute scrawling all over hers and Dylan was copying Maddie's, and then a girl walked in.

Maddie had never seen her before, she was gaunt and tall, with long, messy blonde hair and evident eye bags under her eyes, "Whose that?" She asked Dylan, who had a habit of knowing everything.

And she did. Dylan was pushing back a smirk as her eyes tracked on the girl, who sat on her own near the front, "Have you met Lincoln Bowers?"

"No," Maddie replied, whilst Birdie looked up interested for a moment before going back to stressing over her homework due next period.

"He got suspended two months ago due to girls reporting him for inappropriate behaviour- So he's essentially a huge pervert."

"Why didn't he get expelled?"

"Rich boy, his parents like pay for the science department or something." Dylan responded, and Maddie felt herself grow cold- Why would the school allow someone like that to stay even if they were rich? It was disgusting.