𖤣 𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔

The games console from earlier had been abandoned, music still playing emptily in the background, drowned out by the cacophony of screams and vile insults which had been coming from Mark and Arizona for the past five minutes.

"-What the hell is your problem, Mark?!"

"Oh, my problem?" He laughed, pointing his finger in her face, "How am I the one with a problem when you-"

"-It's your fault!" She seethed, eyes narrowing as she crept closer towards him," What kind of example are you setting for your kid-"

"-That is low, Robbins, even for you!"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!"

Callie and Maddie just shared a concerned glance, Callie debating how long she should leave this argument before she stopped it and Maddie wondering whether she should just leave.

For a while, Mark seemed calmer than Arizona, until his cheeks flushed a dark red and he spat,

"You're a lowlife, scumbug, piece of shit-"

"-Okay!" That was enough for Callie to stand up and clap her hands, physically getting between the pair whilst Maddie sat there mouth agape, not quite believing her dad had said those things.

"Calliope!" Arizona screamed, almost pulling her hair out, "I don't want to argue with you too so just-"

"-Then don't, you should stop-"

"-Move!" Mark yelled, trying to push Callie aside to get to Arizona, but she shoved him back and ordered,

"I swear you better both stop now or-"

"-He!"

"-She!" They cried simultaneously, glaring at each other.

Callie huffed, pushing them both back and exclaimed, "It was a green shell! Get over yourselves so we can play the next round!"

Mark shrugged Callie off before dropping down beside Maddie and shovelling a handful of M&M's into his mouth,

"Fine, let's go, Bowser needs a comeback."

Arizona smiled sarcastically, taking her wheel off the floor, "You know you aren't actually Bowser, right?"

"Piss off, Robbins." He said through a mouthful of sweets then turned to Maddie, "Don't listen to me kid, don't use any of this bad language."

She nodded, wanting more than anything just to get on with the game.

Finally, they did, and it was dead silent in the room because it was nearing the end of the final lap of Rainbow Road, Arizona was in first place, Mark close behind in second, their scores on the leaderboard neck and neck.

Maddie had fallen off the map, and for a few seconds, she had time to watch Arizona's screen, in which a green shell knocked right into the side of Yoshi, Bowser speeding past.

"I fucking hate you!" Arizona shrieked, practically throwing the remote down to the floor whilst Mark burst out into maniacal laughter, taking his first-place victory.

"Okay, sweetheart," Callie tried gently, focusing on getting Birdo through the track without coming last again, "We know you grew up with a brother but there's no need for that reaction."

She slumped down in her seat, and Callie was overjoyed at the fact that Mark hadn't riled her up even more, as he was much more distracted by high-fiving Maddie when Bowser. JR came third than aggravating Arizona.

"Well," Once everyone had finished, (Callie and Birdo coming last as always) Arizona stood up and sneered at Mark, "Thanks for the game night, hope we never do it again, see you all later!" And with that, she had left the apartment.