A Singing Competition!

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Buster!" I wheeze out, panting heavily as he jumps off his bike near the valet parker in front of an expensive looking restaurant.

"Take care of her! She may look old and rust, but she is a classic," Buster grins, doing finger guns at the valet parker as I jog and walk next to him. "Ah, (Y/N)! Glad you caught up."

"You... Doofus..." I pant out, jumping as a clatter was heard. I look back, watching the worker hold the bike handle bars, the rest of the bike collapsed.

"That I may be, but believe me, I have the idea that will change everything!" Buster holds the door open for me, and we walk inside the fancy restaurant.

"Buster, what are we doing here? We can't even afford the air here," I say with confusion as I glance around in awe.

I notice Eddie sitting at a table already, slouched back and arms crossed as he looks at the glowing squid in the glass water displays.

Buster nearly drops a tin box, making me look over at him with a raised brow.

"Is... That a sandwich box you're holding?" I slowly question.

Buster ignores me, rushing to take his seat in front of Eddie in excitement.

"Hey, Eddie," I call with a small smile, taking a seat in between Eddie and Buster.

Buster sets the box on the floor next to his feet, making me snicker and shake my head with a sigh.

"Hey, (Y/N). Know what this is about?" Eddie greets, raising a brow and leaning forward as he rests his elbows on the table.

"Nope," I reply with a shake of my head while taking a seat, watching as Buster widely grins, shrugging off his jacket.

"Okay, listen," Buster starts, taking a seat, "we all know that the theater has been going through some... Pretty rough times lately."

"That's an understatement," I mumble under my breath, looking at the menu.

"But!" Buster ignores me with an excited grin, "as the saying goes, 'For every cloud, a silver lining'. I've got--"

Eddie sighs and scoots forward, tutting and cutting Buster off, "hold on right there, Buster. You listen too, (Y/N)."

I set my menu down, looking at Eddie.

"My dad, he heard I was gonna see you two today and he was all like," Eddie sticks his chest out, lowering his voice to imitate his father, "Eddie, you tell that showman and his friend I'm not funding any more of those shows. And that's final. Those-- those were his words."

"Your dad's right," Buster nonchalantly smiles, nodding. "Those shows were the problem. War of Attrition... Rose Takes a Bow... I mean, nobody wants to see that stuff anymore. So, what do we do?"

"Quit?" Eddie deadpans.

"Never," I reply instantly, shaking my head with a stern expression. "We can't just quit, Ed. We've worked too hard for that. We just need... something to get us out of this."

"See! (Y/N) here has the right attitude!" Buster proudly exclaims, nodding eagerly. "She's right. We can't just quit. We give them a show they cannot resist! Which is gonna be..."

He is interrupted by the waiter clearing his throat.

"One moment, please," I politely smile, but he simply huffs and walks away. "... I hate this place."

"Merci!" Buster calls to the waiter with a wave, making me snort.

"Don't speak French, they speak English here," Eddie whispers with embarrassment, looking after the waiter uneasy as Buster's excitement never falters.