An Idea

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

My eyes follow along the newspaper page, making me shiver. I look at the blurry image of the get-away truck, two men wearing what seems to be black masquerade masks in the back.

"Blah!" I shake my head, realizing how close I was to that bank when it happened.

"Something wrong?" Buster questions, looking over at me as he wipes his desk.

"There was a robbery. And I think I was there around the time they did it, too," I reply, looking at the article.

"What? When?!"

"The other day you ditched me when we were going to lunch," I deadpan, making Buster nervously laugh.

"Ohh... Well... Oopsie," he grins, resuming dusting as I set the newspaper down on the piano top. "Glad you're alright."

"Yeah..."

I watch as Buster climbs and balances carefully on a ladder he stole from the alley outside, mimicking trumpets to a marching band song as he pulls out a roll of tape.

He tapes up the leaking pipe, squealing as I playfully shake the ladder. He glares at me with a pout, making me laugh and stable the ladder for him as he steps down a step.

I tossed Buster his rag and he catches it, dusting off the photo from that special day. He pauses and sighs, staring at the picture for moment.

My eyes land on the photo as I recall that moment, a small smile on my face.

...

"All people great and small! Welcome to the Moon Theater!"

I watch with a wide grin as Buster cuts the rope, my parents clapping along with the crowd.

Cameras flashed as the ribbon falls, and Buster hands the golden scissors to Ms. Crawly before turning to his Dad.

He lunges at him, surprising his Dad for a moment before he chuckles, hugging Buster back. His Dad grins at me, opening up an inviting arm and hugs me along with Buster, chuckling softly.

...

Buster seems to be lost in thought as I was before we both jump as the door was opened.

"Mr. Moon? Ms. (L/N)?" Ms. Crawly shakily calls, "I've got Judith from the bank."

Buster slides down as I move away, looking at Ms. Crawly with a frown.

"What? Oh, no, no. Tell her I'll call her back in the morning," Buster stammers, and I notice someone behind Ms. Crawly.

"Oh, no..." I whisper and sigh, placing a hand on my forehead.

"I can't... She's right here," Ms. Crawly replies as Judith comes into view, her gaze firm as she glares at us from behind her red glasses.

"Judith! Hello!" Buster nervously greets, waving awkwardly.

...

"I work for a bank, Ms. (L/N), Mr. Moon. Not a Charity." Judith lectures, getting her sign ready.

"Wait, please!"

"I've waited long enough!" Judith firmly replies, Buster looking around frantically, as if the walls had an answer.

"Can I just-- please!" I yell, making her pause and look at me as I dig my wallet out, taking out around two hundred dollars I earned from working when I could.

"Will this make you hold out on taking the theater? Please?" I practically beg, Buster looking at the money with wide eyes as he shakes his head.

"(Y/N)--" I cut him off with a glare, making him sigh and rub his neck. "I... Thank you." He mumbles in a low voice, Ms. Crawly patting his back with a sad smile.

Sing From The HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara