Struggles

...

Third Person P.O.V

Mike sighs, leaning against the ladder to the manhole before gasping, hiding in the shadows as he hears the men.

"Where is he?"

"He must be dead."

"Come on, let's go!" The Boss yells as he hears the sirens.

...

The squid owner checks on the others, waving Buster off as he frantically apologizes for the squid being lost. He simply replies that they'll be fine, and he'll find them later.

...

A taxi drops Rosita off at her house, a towel wrapped around her arms and hooded on her head. She shivers and sniffles, shaking her head before gasping when she hears yelling.

"Mommy, where are you?!"

"Help!" Her kids scream, them, along with Norman, dangling on the clothesline.

"Oh, my gosh! Hold on, Mommy's here!" Rosita yells, quickly rushing inside.

...

Meena sniffles as she cries into her mother's side, grabbing a tissue and wiping a stray tear as it falls.

Her grandma sadly watches as Meena's mom rubs her arm in comfort, her grandfather joining them on the couch with a cup of cocoa and a plate of cookies.

"I'm standing at the scene right now, Judy. And I can tell you... It's a miracle anyone survived this unbelievable disaster."

He offers the cup to Meena, who simply shakes her head and buries her face in her Mom's shoulder as he sighs.

...

Johnny frowns and looks around as he waits for his father, nervously tapping his fingers on the desk. He leans forward, looking around before sighing when he sees no sign of his dad.

...

Marcus sits in his cell, shaking his head with a sigh as he glares outside the barred window.

...

Johnny sighs heavily, standing up and leaving.

...

(Y/N) gasps when she sees Johnny exit, rushing to meet him and frowning at his sad expression.

She calls his name, making him inhale and shake his head as he rests his forehead on her shoulder, his shoulders shaking as he starts to cry. (Y/N)'s eyes widen as she sighs softly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as he hugs her waist, and she lets him sob.

...

Ash slowly walks down the sidewalk, passing the same place she and Lance had tried to get a job at.

She glances to the window, gasping and double-taking when she sees two familiar figures.

The crowd all nod along as Lance and Becky sing together, Ash setting her hand on the glass. Lance and Becky lean close to each other, their noses brushing against one another's.

Ash rips her eyes from the scene as she pulls her hand away from the glass, shaking her head and blinking back tears as she races away.

...

Judith hammers the sign into the rubble, stating it was property of the bank, now. She turns and sharply glares at Buster, making him sigh and walk away, bucket in one hand and photo in the other.

...

"Yeah, Buster Moon and (Y/N) (L/N) certainly brought down the house once and for all today," Buster sighs, watching the TV with a empty expression as he eats cereal, wearing a baggy T-shirt and shorts. "And although they have not been available for questioning, unconfirmed reports suggest they were responsible for building a water tank that exploded and flooded the building. I've been told that the 250 squid were all found safely."