6. Perth

I slammed the thumb drive on the table of the CEO. "Mr. Por clearly got in the elevator despite the warning sign." I said.

"Mr. Tanapon. I thought you understood how management works." He said curtly throwing the thumb drive in the dustbin.

"I have many copies with me. I can even provide one as evidence when the police investigation starts." I said folding my arms with a firm face meeting his eyes.

He got up agitated. "Perth! Just because you have connections but you cannot do this where you work." He said with a warning stare.

"Why? I see everybody is using connections here. Aren't they?" I smirked leaning closer to him on the table.

He banged the table with both his hands and leaned ahead to look into my eyes trying to match my intensity. But failed and slumped back.

.

[So you are saying that you not only spent an entire night at hospital to look after someone who just works with you, you also fought with your boss and made him take action to stop the hunger strike?]

Ohm's voice made me feel funny. I did not think that I was doing so much. But now that I think about it, I am behaving pretty odd.

[Perth?]

"Yeah."

[Do you... by any chance like him?]

"Now you are being funny."

[Hahahaha... Was just checking. By the way. Who is this guy?]

"One ugly human being. Nothing more than an eyesore."

[Then why did you help him?]

"To get rid of his face from front of the office gate. Had to look at it every time I passed." Yes, that's the only thing.

[Ok. I will try to believe you. By the way. Want to play pool tonight?]

"I am not sure."

[Why? Are you busy at the office?]

"... Yeah." I can't tell him I am going to the hospital.

[Then I guess I have no choice but to accompany Nanon to check on his friend.]

"Ok. Bye." I said blankly and disconnected.

Why am I behaving this way? That guy, I can't tolerate his face at all. Then why the hell am I worried? Do I really... No! That just cannot be. Firstly, he is a guy. Secondly, he looks like THAT.

I am just doing what I can to get rid of his stupidity. What's the point in seeing an ugly guy die in front of you?

A hand tapped my shoulder while I was in parking lot. I turned to see Mr. Aniret. He was almost teary and he bowed to me immediately as our eyes met.

"Umm... What are you doing? Please stand straight up." I said getting uncomfortable.

"Thank you, sir. I have been given my job back."

I nodded understanding his gesture. "I see. Well... Good for you." I said hesitantly.

"Sir, I heard you helped. Thank you once again. I know it was more because you care for Mr. Chimon. But still you helped me. And all I can do is bow down and thank you."

"I what? Look I don't..." I stopped mid-sentence before making it more uncomfortable. Why does everyone feel that I care for him? "Ummm... You please go home and rest for today. You will resume job tomorrow right?"

He nodded still bowing.

"For god's sake please stand up straight." I said annoyed. But calmed myself. "Ahem. I'll go now. I am getting late." I immediately opened my car door. He bowed once again and left.

I don't care for him. And I am not going to the hospital, I am not going to the hospital. I am NOT going to the hospital. I will keep chanting this as many times as needed.

.

"Sir, the patient has visitors." The nurse who left the room said to me as soon as I was about to open the door.

I nodded and decided to go back. How the fuck I ended up here even after chanting non-stop?

I was about to leave but that nurse was standing behind and it will look awkward if I leave without meeting someone just because they have visitors.

I opened the door and saw two guys standing with their backs towards the door. They immediately turned to look at me when the door closed behind me making a sound.

"Perth?"

"Ohm?"

We both gaped at each other shocked and confused at the same time.

"What is he doing here?" The guy lying on the bed called out agitated. Guess he finally woke up. "Nanon, please ask him to leave. I couldn't finish my strike because of him."

Nanon... I looked at the boy standing between Ohm and Chimon.

"What's going on here?" Nanon asked confused.

Ohm's expression changed and he smirked at me walking closer. "Is he the one?" He asked whispering. I gulped and froze in place. What the fuck am I doing?