12. Perth

What is he doing? If he won't defend himself now, they all will fire him.

Nervously I thought I will hold his hand and drag him back here of needed but before I could move he was back with a few files in hand.

"Here." He placed the files directly in front of the CEO and President. "Here are the papers and proposals that under my authority I had rejected with the date and reasons. And here are the notes below added by my manager and other department heads passing the approvals even after being rejected from a lower level." Chimon said.

From the pair of thick glasses, I could see shine of determination in his eyes. I suddenly felt calm and sat back in my chair.

"And all these are the proposals still on hold. Which I had kept with me for such days only." Chimon added.

The president looked up at him amused while the CEO and all executives who already loathed him were on the verge of trying to choke him. It is only the president who has a neutral behavior towards everyone in the organization. I am expecting him to understand the issues going around here.

"So you have kept all this because you wanted to complain against them?" The president seemed to be testing Chimon now. I nervously held my pen tighter.

"Sir, the dates say that these are all more than six months old. If I wanted to escalate, I would have escalated." Chimon said and slowly turned to look at me for a brief moment before quickly turning back to look at the president. "I have recently learned that there is a fine line between being selfless and stupid. This is my way of saving myself from being stupid." Chimon bowed to the president who was looking at Chimon with a smile now.

But I wasn't able to smile. My heart was thumping so loud in my chest that it was aching. He repeated my words. He literally quoted me. He remembered what I told him. And he braved to do what he did because... he took my words into consideration?

Why do I feel so overwhelmed about it?

"Mr. Wachirawit. Please come meet me after this meeting. Maybe you need to switch departments. The president's office has a lot of accounting and paper work which only a skilled person like you can handle. So stop whatever you are doing right now and hand it over to your manager. And shift to my reception immediately." The president said and got up making everyone else get up too. "And I need all of you to recheck and send all the documents to my office. My new accounts manager will go through your papers before approving it." He pointed towards Chimon.

Chimon was gaping at him. While everyone else's expression said that they were slapped without even needing to touch.

I couldn't help but...

I ran out of the conference room.

And I kept running till I reached the loo.

I washed my face 2-3 times with cold water. I am restless. I am unable to control myself.

What is happening with me. This can't do. I need to stay away from his freckled face ugly guy glasses guy who is in my head 24*7.

That feeling in the conference room was no joke.

I texted my manager Mr. Korn that I am not feeling well and headed out of office immediately.

I will avoid him. Yes. That's it. That's the only way to stay sane.

I rushed out of the office and into the parking lot.

I don't even need my bag. I will pick it all up tomorrow. I need to leave this place right now.

This is not me. I am not me. Perth, run away.

I was about to open my car door when a hand patted me.

"Mr. Aniret I..." I presumed thinking it was Mr. Aniret because of the same way of calling me like last time but it wasn't him.

And then what happened destroyed me.

A pair of hands wrapped around my neck and a familiar scent that I did not know I have saved in my senses braced my nose.

Chimon hugged me.

"Thank you." He said in a tone I have never heard before. A tone that was a happy tone. Elated one. "Thank you so much Perth!" He said squeezing me.

My whole body felt numb. I am not abler to move. I stood there baffled when he finally pulled back and bowed. "You are a nice person!" He said with a huge grin which reached his eyes behind the glasses.

And then he ran away back to the elevator leaving me bewildered.