26. Perth

As I entered the house holding hand of the guy I love, everyone turned to gasp at me. But I kept walking holding the gaze of my dad who was having an expression that couldn't be just anger.

It was more disappointment mixed with rage.

My whole extended family is here too. Ohm was giving me a brief smile of encouragement too. So I smiled at him.

"Perth, how dare you be so insolent? This is a family function!" dad snapped.

Being the eldest one, nobody else dared spoke in front of him.

I smiled and pulled Chimon ahead to stand beside me instead of behind me.

Chimon is terrified right now but I cannot delay this. I cannot let Chimon worry about our future anymore.

"Yes and so that's why I have brought my family with me. Meet my boyfriend. Chimon."

"Perth!" dad walked forward attempting to slap me but Chimon came in between and instead the slap landed on his face.

"CHIMON!" I screamed and turned to my dad angrily. "Dad, how can you?"

"I am fine." Chimon instead turned to me. Holding my hand trying to calm me.

My dad too looked at me with rage now clenching his fists tight.

"Perth," he said gritting his teeth. "Today, you will have to choose between this family and him." He said pointing towards Chimon.

Chimon's face grew even more terrified. He turned to me and shook his head frantically. He seemed to be on the verge of crying.

However, I was pretty clear about this situation because I knew this is exactly what my father will tell me.

I held Chimon's hand in a firm grip intervening my fingers with his. "I have chosen dad." I said and smirked.

"NO!" Chimon pulled out his hand.

I turned to him shocked.

He looked at me and then at dad. Everybody else was looking at the scene with shocked expressions.

"Perth..." Chimon called my name lightly but his tone is now making me scared. "Let's break up."

"What?" I couldn't even comprehend what he was saying. "Chimon?"

"Family comes first." He said. "Whole my life, I have got backlashes for my looks. But I could face ot all because my family always loved me. There will be times when you will feel that you can do anything now because you are an adult. But trust me, when we are at our lowest, it is always the family that pulls us up."

Chimon wiped his tears while a tear slipped my eye.

"I cannot make you choose between your family and me. And if at all you have to choose, I want you to choose them. Don't let the relationships of years be drowned in drain for a relationship of few months." He pleaded.

I gulped kneeling on the floor. Even if he is right, I cannot let him go. But if he himself decides to leave me, I don't know how to stop him without hurting him.

Chimon bowed to my father and then to everyone before turning to leave and walked out of the house door as fast as possible, without looking back... leaving me all alone in the crown of people whom I call my family.