23. Chimon

It was around four in the morning when I received a call from my neighbor from Lampang who informed me about my father being very sick. Nanon's phone was switched off so I wrote him a message and left immediately. Since then my phone's battery is also drained.

When I reached here around 10, they were bringing back my dad from hospital. So I got busy in tending to him and forgot about charging my phone.

But never in million years I expected to see these three frowning gazes in my direction.

When Nanon burst open the door and entered my house I was so shocked that I froze. It was only when I saw Perth and Ohm follow him in that I wasn't able to handle the tray in my hand and it fell on my own feet with the glass of water filled for my dad.

And now everyone is frozen and looking at each other.

Ohm was the first one to clear his throat. "Ahem."

"Nanon? Perth? What are you all doing here?"

"He did not even see me." Ohm mumbled rolling his eyes.

Nanon slapped his chest from the back of his hand and contained his face finally smiling a bit. "H-hello Uncle. How are you?"

My dad smiled at him. He had met Nanon before in Bangkok anyway. "I am fine dear. Please come in. Are they your friends?"

"Uh... Yeah." Nanon asked eyeing me. I gulped. I never imagined that the day Perth will be standing in front of my father with be just half a month after we start dating. It's too soon for the drama to start.

But I am not sure how much I'll be able to hide because amidst everything, Perth has been eyeing me almost angrily without reading the room.

When Perth and I kept looking at each other, Nanon decided to intervene while my mom came out of the other room frowning.

"Uhh.... Aunty, Uncle, you know me, Nanon. And this is Ohm and Perth. Ohm is a model and Perth is..."

"Mon's rumored boyfriend?" My mom asked turning my phone screen towards me looking at me questioningly. And even more shocking was the office bulletin forum and the picture on it.

I gaped at it and turned to look at Perth who had not spoken a single word till now but was looking at me only.

"What is this Mon?" My mom asked.

Dad too shook my arm and looked at me scowling.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and assessed the situation. Perth is not angry first of all. Now I know that he must have thought that I disappeared and so he is scared and disappointed.

My mom who is always curious must have kept my phone up to charge and logged in to spy on me since she wants me to date someone.

And my dad is clueless and sick. Nanon seems to be as nervous as I am. A sign of my true best friend while his idiot boyfriend is smirking and pressing his lips to stop laughing in this awkward situation.

"Mon?" My dad called out when I was lost in thoughts.

What are the odds here? I can lie and let this become a bigger mess for future. Or I can come out in front of my folks and feel relaxed because all that matters to me is what they think of me.

Perth finally took a step forward. "Aunty, Uncle, let me clarify. It's not what it looks like. Chimon and I..."

"It's true." I said interrupting Perth. Perth turned and gaped at me with wide eyes. "We are dating Dad, Mom."

Once again, everyone froze for a few moments before my mom smiled wide and excitedly pulled Perth's arm and side hugged him. "Oh he is so handsome!" She exclaimed.

My dad too chuckled and patted my back.

Nanon and I exchanged dumbfounded glances while Ohm looked disappointed. Maybe he was expecting some melodrama.

"Just because we stay in a village, doesn't mean we are old –fashioned. We know all that happens in the world around us." My dad said.

"And even if you both can't marry yet, doesn't matter. None of you can get pregnant anyway." My mom added to my extreme embarrassment.

Ohm and Nanon chuckled while I was feeling so ashamed that I had no words to describe it. "Mom!"

She kept on clinging to Perth's arm while Perth turned and looked at me with a relaxed grin. He too seemed flustered a bit and I can't believe it.

"So you guys are ok with it?"

"OFCOURSE!" They both said in unison. "Don't let him go. He is will alone make our family album look good." My mom added.

Although I could dig the ground and hide with embarrassment right now but I am happy for the word family that she used to address Perth.

.

After Ohm and Nanon left for the day, Perth decided to stay back for a day and go back with me next morning because he wanted to help me out in case dad needs anything. So after a long embarrassing chat with my mom and a comforting dinner with my dad, we sneaked up to the terrace to talk peacefully.

Perth stood hugging me from behind wrapping his hands around my waist and informed me all that happened during the day.

"I would never run away from such things. If anything, I would have worried about you instead." I said.

Perth smiled and squeezed me tight. "I'll gift you a power bank next." He said. I chuckled and patted his cheek lightly. He chuckled along.

His other cheek was rubbing against my cheek and that gave me a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach. I am never this bold to take such a step on my own but I turned and looked at him and he pulled back a bit allowing me to see his face.

I leaned close and placed a kiss on his lips. His eyes got wide with shock so I turned completely facing him from head to toe and held his neck gently deepening the kiss.

When I pulled back he was smiling but looked surprised. "Why am I getting a reward?"

"It's not a reward. I just want to make up for all the troubles you went through alone today." I said looking into his eyes nuzzling my nose with his. My parents approve of us and I don't care how others think about us as far as it doesn't affect Perth too. In fact, this whole thing washed away any insecurity I had. No there is just love... Love for this insanely handsome guy who is mine. Just mine.