drunken words

"Lili it's two and a half in the morning, are you okay ?" asked Kris when he picked up the phone call from the Belgian girl. 

"Heyyy" her voice was slow, "I'm not... I'm not bothering you am I ?" even drunk, the girl was ever-so considerate. 

"I was actually writing some music. But are you ok ? You sound drunk" he wondered 

"Would you happen to live close by this club called Nova ?" weirdly enough, the classic British accent she normally had was stronger than usual. 

"I actually do, why ?" he started to be a little concerned. 

"See... Nini is nowhere to be found - I think she left with some guy - and the people we came with can't be bothered to talk to me. And there's this guy who has been bothering me a lot and to be honest I had no one to call but you. I don't want to bother you so maybe we could stay on the phone while I walk home ?"

"Are you outside the club ?" he asked, not bothered to even consider her walking home by herself that late. 

"I am. I am currently sitting on a curb. You would know that if you had an iPhone and I could Facetime you. It was too hot inside and I needed to escape this guy. He was following me everywhere. I had to down my drinks because I was afraid he would spike me. And my feet hurt quite a lot as well." the blond boy heard her voice growing tired as she spoke. 

"Don't move, I'm coming to pick you up" said Kris on the phone while Lili could hear he was putting on his shoes and most definitely a jacket considering how cold it was in early January. 

The Belgian girl did as told - clearly understanding by the tone of his voice that it wasn't submitted to negotiation. She sat on the curb, her arms around her legs, trying to keep as much heat as she could - her puffer jacket definitely not enough to keep her warm. 

Lili felt a hand on her shoulder that scared her. Sure she remembered that Kris was supposed to pick her up but the memories of the weird guy in the club were still stuck in her brain. 

"It's me Lils, don't worry" Kris' reassuring voice calmed her down. The guitarist offered his hand to the brunette to help her get up on her feet from the ground. "Come on let's get going" he smiled as he felt her arm around his back. 

"Where are we going ? My place is that way" she said, pointing at the street behind them. 

"There's no way you are walking 45 minutes to go back to your place when I live 10 minutes from here" The Slovenian man replied. 

"How are so still so good-looking at 3 in the morning ?" Lili asked after about 30 seconds of silence, "It's soooooo unfair" Kris simply laughed at what she said. "And you are so nice, and so... like so thoughtful, and such a good musician" she was rambling at that point. "You are so boyfriend material" she finished, still holding onto his arm not to fall. 

"How much have you drank ?" he wondered, trying not to care about the speed of his heart. 

"I don't know... I think 4 pints of beer, and then we did a few shots. I think I downed 4 of them, and then like three cocktails ? Maybe more, I lost count, to be honest. But like I told you I had to down my drinks that weren't shots because of that guy" she tried to remember. 

"That much ? How are you still able to speak this greatly ?" the guitarist was genuinely surprised since he expected her to have drunk way less. 

"I know how to handle my liquor thank you very much" she faked disappointment, "I think I could have gotten home but this guy was creeping me a lot" she said before stumbling on a stone pavement that wasn't even. Kris caught her before she could fall to the ground.