Oliver(dehydration)

On this particular bright and sunny Saturday morning Oliver and his 2 friends, Emily and Jason, we're going on a hike. They packed their bags and went on their way. "You guys, I'm a little tired. Can we stop for a break?" Oliver asked as they walked on. "Of course, drink some water as well," Emily said.

Jason rolled his eyes and sighed. Seeing that Oliver felt embarrassed that he was tired "You know what, we don't need to," he said shrugging off the pulsing headache. After a couple more minutes Oliver's headache only worsened. Not only that, he felt lightheaded and exhausted. He stopped walking suddenly "Oliver, you coming?" Jason asked looking back at his friend.

"Oliver?" Emily called out right as his eyes rolled back and he fell to the floor. They stared back in horror at their friend lying still on the ground. Emily ran to his side and jumped into action. "Jason, call 911," she hollered as she checked for a pulse.

Once she made sure he was alive, she lifted his feet to get the blood moving. "How did you know to do all that?" Jason asked getting off the phone. "My aunt is a nurse," she replied calmly. Jason paced back and forth, anxiety etched across his face. "What if something really bad happens to him? What if he doesn't wake up?" he muttered, his voice filled with worry.

Emily looked up from where she was still attending to Oliver, her eyes filled with determination. "We can't think like that, Jason. We need to stay positive and focus on helping him until help arrives," she said firmly, her voice steady despite the fear lingering beneath the surface. "But what if we could have prevented this? We should have stopped when Oliver asked for a break," Jason said, his voice tinged with guilt.

Emily placed a reassuring hand on Jason's shoulder. "We didn't know this would happen, Jason. Sometimes things occur that are out of our control. We need to stay calm and support Oliver now," she said, her voice filled with compassion.

As they waited for the ambulance to arrive, Emily continued to monitor Oliver's condition. "His pulse is steady, but he's still unconscious," she updated Jason, her voice laden with concern. Jason knelt down beside Oliver, his face pale. "What if he wakes up and blames me for not stopping when he asked? What if our friendship is never the same?" he whispered, his voice filled with fear.

Emily looked at Jason, her eyes filled with empathy. "We can't predict how Oliver will react, but true friendships are built on trust and understanding. We'll face whatever challenges come our way together," she reassured him, her voice filled with conviction. Just then, the sound of sirens grew louder, signaling the arrival of the ambulance.

Paramedics rushed to Oliver's side, taking over Emily's role. Jason and Emily stepped back, watching anxiously as the medical professionals worked to stabilize their friend.As the ambulance doors closed and the vehicle sped away, Jason turned to Emily, gratitude evident in his eyes. "Thank you for being here, Emily. I don't know what I would have done without you," he said sincerely. Emily gave him a small smile. "We're friends, Jason. That's what friends do – support each other through the good times and the bad. We'll get through this together," she said, her voice filled with determination.

Once they arrived at the hospital they quickly went to Oliver's room. "Hey guys," Oliver said offering a weak smile as they walked in. "Hey buddy," Emily mumbled sitting in the chair beside his bed. Jason took the other chair feeling afraid to talk to his friend. He felt as if this were all his fault.

Emily might not have seen the way he looked at Oliver when the boy asked for a break, but deep down Jason knew what really happened. "How're you feeling, what did the doctor say was wrong," Jason asked his friend, bombarding him with questions. "I'm pretty tired, I still feel a bit dizzy. The doctor said that I passed out from dehydration but that in a couple hours I should be able to leave." Oliver smiled through the pain.