Vanessa (Migraine)

"Mom!?!" I yelled from my room causing much pain to my already aching head.

"What is it love?" She asked entering my room.

"I've got a headache, can I stay home?" I asked quietly trying not to worsen the pounding in my skull.

"Nice try Vanessa, go get ready. You've done this before." My mom sighed shaking her head.

Last month I really didn't want to go to school and so I faked sick. My mom came home from work early to check on me and found me dancing to music in my room. Not my brightest moment, but that's besides the point. I understand why she wouldn't believe me but that's going to make today a lot worse. I already have to write a few tests and I have gym as well. Hopefully I can make it to the end.

"Vanessa, get up you've got 15 minutes, come on!" My mom hollered causing me to wince in pain.

I quickly threw on some comfortable clothes and got ready.

"Lets go!" My mom said from the door, pushing my towards the car.

"Woah," I whispered as I lost balance and stumbled into the car. When I sat up my head swam and I thought I was going to fall over, even though I was sitting down.

"What is it?" My mom questioned giving me a weird look.

"Nothing, it's nothing. I just thought I forgot something." I came up with, if I told her what really had happened she wouldn't have believed me.

"Okay," my mom sighed looking skeptical.

When we got to school I slowly made my way inside, hoping it wouldn't be too loud. My best friend, Jordan, ran up to me right away.

"Hey! What do you want to this weekend? We can go to my house, my siblings are gone on a camping trip for school."

I nodded slightly as Jordan talked my ear off. I wasn't paying attention until she stopped talking and looked at me.

"Vanessa? Did you hear me? You're looking awfully pale, are you feeling alright?" Jordan asked looking me up and down.

"Yeah, just a little headache, no worries." I reassured and then walked to class.

***

Finally school was out, my headache had progressed into a huge migraine by now. Jordan had checked on me periodically throughout the day, every time I told her I was fine.

"Ness, are you still coming to my house tonight?" She asked as we walked out.

"Yeah, let me ask my mom. I'll come over later, I need to get some stuff together first." I smiled and walked off to my moms car.

"Hey honey, how was your day?" She asked when I sat down.

"Pretty good, had to write a few tests but other than that, I had a good day. Jordan wants me to come over tonight, is that okay?" I asked hoping we had something going on.

Right now I felt to dizzy and nauseous to move, my head was pounding. It felt as if someone had taken an baseball bat and smacked me on the head with it. Light hurt my eyes, and sounds made the pain much worse.

"Your brothers are visiting from college tonight, they'll get here at around 6:00 for dinner. You can go to Jordan's for like an hour, or just do something later this weekend with her." I nodded, excited to see my brothers.

That was a bad idea, my head immediately swam, exploding in pain.

"Sounds cool, I'll let Jordan know. Maybe we can do something tomorrow or Sunday." I smiled through the pain.