Zander(concussion)

Zanders POV

...

Our track team practiced on the football field at my school. That would sometimes cause problems, but not a lot. We were running our laps, I could feel the wind in my hair blowing a cool breeze on my neck.

I heard a voice behind me and turned my head around to see who it was, still running. I felt it before I saw it. The back of my head smacked into the football goalpost. The impact made me fall onto my back. "Zander, are you okay?" Knox asked with a genuine look on his face. A few of the other boys laughed. "Yeah," I said but I could tell he thought I was lying.

The truth was It hurt everywhere. There was a throbbing pain in the back of my head and I was nauseous. Knox looked at me and stuck out his hand I took it and he pulled me up. I squeezed my eyes shut but opened them quickly hoping no one noticed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Knox whispered in my ear. "Yes! I'm fine," I said and he nodded hesitantly. The coach called everyone in and began talking about our next meet. "Zander," He said and nodded his head towards the sidelines as everyone spread out across the field.

"Yes?" I said walking over there. "I saw what happened over at the goalpost, why don't you sit out this practice," He said smiling and looking me up and down. I sighed, it was more a sigh of relief than disappointment.

I sat on the bench, a headache piercing my skull. I decided to lay down in the grass and hoped that I would feel better once practice ended.

...

After 30 minutes of lying in pain Knox came over and lightly kicked my side "Time to go," He said softly and pulled me to my feet. He was surprised as a quiet groan escaped my lips. A wave of nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I swayed on my feet and Knox steadied me as I stumbled into him.

"Are you sure—" I cut him off, "I'm fine," I said denying the pain as we walked to his car. When we got to the student parking lot another wave of nausea hit me and I stumbled. "You coming?" Knox asked me turning around. "Yeah," I said slowly making my way towards the front seat.

As we drove home my eyes began to shut, I leaned my head against the cool window and fell asleep.

...

I woke up to the rhythmic sound of beeping, 'what's going on?' I thought as I opened my eyes. "Knox?" I called out into the empty room, it wasn't as empty as I thought. "Zander are you awake?" He asked, I was still very confused. "Where am I?" I asked but it came out as a raspy sounding whisper. "The hospital. When I drove you home from practice you fell asleep. Once we'd arrived at my house you wouldn't wake up. You've got a pretty bad concussion is what they said." I sat there confused, struggling to take it all in.

After a few hours I was cleared to go home. Knox drove me to his house. My parents were out of town and he didn't want me home by myself. My head was pounding and dizziness prevented me from moving. I closed my eyes, willing the pain away. Before I knew it the car had stopped and I heard footsteps come around to the passengers side. The door opened and I looked up confused, "Knox?" I slurred. "Everything okay? Ready to go inside?" He asked a look of concern growing on his face. I nodded slowly, trying to ward of the nausea that followed.

Knox ran ahead of me to grab the door. I stumbled over my feet and carefully walked towards the door. My foot caught on the sidewalk and I tumbled to the ground. Knox ran over "Are you okay?" He said quickly but it came out really loud. I clenched my eyes shut, my head still pounding. "Yes, I'm just—dizzy," I tried not to topple over as he put his arm around my shoulder and lead me inside.

I was scared, what was happening to me? I'm supposed to be the strong one, I'm older. Sometimes I forget that I'm older, he's so mature. I love him—but I can't, we're just friends. I'm not allowed to like my friends, I'm to allowed to like guys. "Earth to Zander," Knox said waving his hand in front of my face. "Sorry, got distracted," He was basically dragging me towards the house. I couldn't get my legs to work.

⚠TW: Vomiting⚠

He set me up in the guest room and told me that I was cleared to sleep. "Wait, Knox, don't leave," I called as he walked out of the door. "What is it, are you okay?" I was about to tell him to stay. Stay because I'm lonely, stay because I wanted company. Luckily I came to my senses, but not really, it was more of the nausea pushed me back. "I'm gonna be sick," I gagged. "Oh god, umm," I stood up and he followed me as I ran for the bathroom.

I dry heaved into the toilet for a while until all of my stomachs contents emptied into the toilet. After that I hovered over the toilet, making sure I was done. "Are you done?" Knox asked me, I could tell he was disgusted but he was trying not to let it show, for me. "I think so—" I was cut off by the sound of my own vomiting. "Mom!" He called out for his parents. "Knox, what is it, are you okay?" His mother asked frantically looking him over. Suddenly I began to long for my own parents, I wanted someone to help me while I was sick and in pain.

"I'm fine mom, it's Zander. He's got a concussion, he won't stop vomiting, I didn't know what to do," He babbled. It felt as if the walls were closing in on me, I couldn't make it stop, my breathing was quickening. "It's okay, I'm right here, let's get you back to bed. Knox go get a bucket from the kitchen!" She consoled.

Slowly I was lifted of the ground and we walked to the bed. His mom tucked me in and set the bucket beside me. She kissed my forehead and then left the room. My eyelids grew heavy and I fell into a peaceful sleep. I knew that even here I would be cared for. The road to recovery would take weeks, long painful dizzying weeks, but with the love and support of my friends and family I was just sure that I could do it.

...

Hey lovelies,

It's been a while, sorry about that! This one is kind of bad, sorry about that! I've been so focused on other books that I kind of forgot about this one. I'm also having serious writers block for this story, I don't know what to do. If I could get some requests that would be great! They can be about literarily anything. I'll do any type of sickfic and they can be about any TV show, band, anything. I read a lot of them and will do research. If I can get one request, just one, that would be great. More would be great too but one works fine!

Have a great day!

Byeeee,

@Weirdpersonnnnnnn