Sam (Sick at school)

It was 7AM and I'd been awake for the past 2 hours, unable to sleep. My head spun and my stomach was doing flips. I stood up slowly and the world spun around me. I ran to the bathroom and quickly threw up last nights dinner before wandering down to the kitchen.

"Sam! You're awake, your dad and I were just heading out," my mom exclaimed. 'Oh yeahhh' I remembered, they have a business trip. Of course my mom has to leave when I feel horrible.

"Eric has work today but if you need anything call him. If you need us urgently then call but we might not answer. I love you and I'll see you in four days"

I gave her a hug and trudged up the stairs to get ready. I heard the door slam and they were gone.

When I was ready I walked into the bathroom. You could vaguely see the paleness on my skin but other than that you couldn't tell that I was sick. I had a test today and I didn't want my parents to worry.

I stumbled out of the house and to the car where Eric waited.

"You look horrible bro, go back inside. Are you sick?" He asked right as I sat down.

"I'm not sick! I'm fine, please let's just go." I whined and sat back in my seat. After a few minutes Eric reluctantly drove to my school.

"I know you're 'not sick' but if you do feel bad go to the nurse and have them call me. I'll come get you here at the same spot after school." He waved and drove off quickly in order to not be late to work.

I entered the building and slowly made my way to first period.

Keith, my best friend, continued checking in on me all day. Begging me to go to the nurse.

The whole day went by slowly and was tiring. By the time sixth period rolled around I felt like I was about to die. My head ached and I was freezing but hot at the same time. My whole body hurt and I could barely keep my head up. Anyone with a pulse could most likely tell something was off. I want surprised when Keith  again asked if I was feeling better.

"Sam, can you answer number 4?" I nodded and reread it a few times.

"7?" My teacher said I was correct and moved on.

When we began working on our next assignment, I stumbled up to her desk. "Can I go to the nurse?" I asked trying to be polite.

"What for?"

"I feel sick," I sighed as the room began to spin again.

"Okay, let me call and then I'll send you down," she dialed the number and talked for a minute before letting me go.

"Keith, will you escort Sam to the nurse?" I rolled my eyes and he nodded.

The hall spun as we walked. I tripped and clutched onto Keith's arm. "You good?" I nodded slowly.

"Yeah..." Everything spun as the floor moved closer and closer to my face. Then everything turned to darkness.

***

"Yep, he's right here," I heard a voice say...Keith?

"Hmmm," I groaned louder then I intended.