She Takes The First Step (Niall - one shot)

This one shot is for the first winner of the flash contest I did the other day on my tumblr. Congrats, Cami, on doing a pretty good MLA format! I hope you like it <3 Thanks for always being so enthusiastic for all the contest I hold.

Bel, xx

-:-:-:-

She Takes The First Step 
A Niall Horan One Shot 

When Harry comes to ask for my help I’m not exactly prepared for what he asks and I’m not sure how to answer either. I just look at him blinking up a couple of times, trying to figure out my answer.

“What?” I inquire and he rolls his eyes.

“C’mon, Nialler! It’s just one little favour. I can’t just go alone there again, she’ll think I’m a creeper. It’s a big group and if you go with me, I’m sure it’d be more natural. I try to ask the other guys as well, but none of them wants to help. Please, Niall, please!” He begs but I’m still confused.

Harry says he saw a girl yesterday at a coffee shop. She was with her group of friends and none of them reacted at his presence, even though some fans approached him, therefore he thinks they are not fans or they are just chill, whish makes them perfect to make friends with. That’s his theory, I don’t know. But as none of them paid him any attention whatsoever, he couldn’t make his move. They were all laughing and talking oblivious to his presence so now he wants me to go with him to help him out.

I’m not sure. I don’t know what kind of girls they are and if I’ll feel comfortable. I certainly don’t want to sit there looking at them without a word to say. Harry say they were in this book/coffee shop and they were talking about books. I’ve only read To Kill A Mockingbird! I don’t think we’ll have something to talk about.

Still, Harry is my best mate, I have to help him. He would do the same for me. “Okay,” I finally agree and Harry’s smile is so big I’m surprised his face doesn’t part in two.

And that’s how we end up in a book/coffee shop. It’s actually quite nice in there, but it’s obvious all the people there are bookworms or uni student. It doesn’t seem the place for popstars. And no, I’m not trying to sound pompous or anything, but that’s what the lads and I are.

Harry look across the clientele and I know the moment he finds them because his smile widens. I look in the same direction and I see them too. It’s a group of five girls, all of them very different yet all smile the same way, laughing loudly at something one is saying. I know immediately which one Harry fancies, after all, she is the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen and I know Harry aims high. She has long brown hair and her skin is sun kissed, her smile is big and contagious and her eyes of a warm chocolate colour. She is fit, but that’s not the most incredible thing about her, it’s about her aura. There’s something in the way she moves, they way she laughs. So energetic, so lively, so happy. It’s like she is radiating happiness as she speaks and all the other girls laugh hysterically. Her smile is utterly perfect.

The other girls are nice, but only that girl catches my eye. One of them has really short straight dark hair with glasses, the other one with glasses has long curly back hair, there’s other with very curly brownish hair that barely reaches her shoulders and the other one has a lighter brown hair, also curly and a bit longer. All of them seem so happy, but I can’t take my eyes off of Harry’s girl.

Now I regret coming with him, because that girl he fancies is the girl that caught my eye. I’ll have to see how he chats her up while I do nothing but just wish it was me. Of course she’ll like Harry, everyone does. He is charming, he knows his way with women, he really knows how to treat them. Meanwhile, I’m just Niall, the Irish lad that is fun to be around but nothing else.