Lifeguard (Zayn - 1500th fan)

Another one-shot I promised to a fan long time ago. Man, I love holidays 'cos it gives me time to write! Well, this one-shot is for my 1,500th fan... I was looking for my 1,000th but her username doesn't work anymore ): 

Dedicate to @DreaDrake14 for being my 1,500th fan! I really hope you'll like this. And I'm sorry for the long wait.

-:-:-:-

Lifeguard

A Zayn Malik one-shot

I hate my job.

I could have been doing anything else during this summer but no, I had to have this brilliant I idea of getting a job to save money and buy a new laptop. Ugh, I should have been like my friends and just do small things in order to save money, even to beg my parents or something like that. The time I decide to do be mature and responsible, I regretted it. I want to go out with my friends, I want to have fun but instead of that, I’m working as a lifeguard for this hotel.

My dad helped me to get this job and I should be grateful, I mean, it’s a five-star hotel and I’ve met pretty famous people just for being working here, but it is awful to be next to the pool the whole day without the possibility to dive into the water and have fun like the other people.

It is already pretty late and there’s no soul in the pool but I still have to be here just in case a new guest decides to go swimming very late. The water looks so tempting and all I want is to jump in and just enjoy myself for a moment.

Next summer I’m so not going to get a job.

I sigh as I get comfortable in my chair watching the calm water when the doors the give to the pool open and a boy walks in. He’s tall and slim, dark hair in a perfect quiff, a couple of tattoos on his arms and a mysterious look that caught me the moment he crossed those doors. He walks slowly and he hasn’t noticed me yet and I don’t blame him, the chair where I am has perfect sight of the pool but most people do not notice it. It has a very strategic position.

The boy leaves the towel in a chair and looks everywhere like expecting for someone to show up, but seems like he doesn’t want anyone else there. Maybe I should go, but there are two reasons for me to not do that. One: it’s my job to be here till the pool closes. Two: I don’t want to. I want to see him and I’m not saying that in a creepy way, okay?

He takes a deep breath before taking off his shirt and, okay, I’m a girl, I can’t help myself from noticing his abs and how great he looks in his swimming trunks. Sue me for appreciate a hot boy getting in the water!

The boy starts to get into the water slowly, like he’s somehow afraid of it. I don’t get much that feeling as I love swimming, but I’ve seen that look before and I tense up because normally people who are afraid of water are not good swimmers; so I have to keep an eye on him.

The boy slowly starts swimming and I can see the satisfaction grin on his face at the beginning and the sweet way he smiles makes me do the same. I don’t notice when I’m smiling as well.

He remains there for a little while, where the water is not that deep and it seems like he’s having a great time. Then he decides he can go farther so he starts swimming to the deepest part of the pool. I have a bad feeling and I don’t realise what I’m doing till I’m on my feet ready to jump in any moment.

The boy keeps swimming and I see the frown of sheer concentration as he swims, his movements are sort of clumsy and it is obvious he doesn’t do this often. I wonder if he’s somehow challenging himself.

Before he reaches the other end of the pool I see how he starts panicking. He has just realised how deep the pool is and that scares him. It’s obvious and he just made the first mistake: he’s stopped. He sinks immediately and at that, he starts frantically trying to stay afloat but fails. He’s desperate now and that will only made him sink faster.

I rapidly dive into the water and swim towards him to catch him, but he’s terrified and keeps moving, trying to swim and he hits me in the nose. It hurts so much and for a moment I see dark, but I put myself together quickly and try to grab him again.

“Calm down!” I yell. “If you don’t stop, you’ll get us both drown!”

That seems to get to him and he calms down a bit so I can finally grab him and I start swimming to the end of the pool, dragging him with me. I feel him hyperventilating and holding onto me with dear life and I try not to notice how I feel with his body closely press to mine, but that’s rather difficult.

Oh my, my whole skin is tingling!

I finally get to the end of the pool and I push him out of the water to get out myself later. He’s breathing heavily, his eyes fixed on his feet, the wet hair falling freely around his face keeping me from see him properly. “You okay, mate?” I ask him putting my hand on his shoulder and just when his eyes meet mine I recognise him.

Oh my God!

“Yeah, thank you,” he says with his British accent and his warm chocolate eyes on me. “Thanks for saving me. I thought I was going to drown there.”

“You shouldn’t have gone to the deep part if you’re scare of water,” I tell him trying to control myself to not freak out.

I’m standing in front of Zayn Malik. The Zayn Malik from One Direction. I knew they were coming to Australia, I just didn’t know they were staying in this hotel! Oh my God.

Andrea, don’t freak out. Don’t start screaming in his face.

“I’m trying to fight against that,” he replies blushing a bit and he looks adorable. I have to bite my cheek to keep me from cooing at the sight of him embarrassed. “Seriously though, thank you so much for saving me. What can I do to pay your for that?” He asks and I want to say that it’s my job, that he doesn’t have to do anything, but my tongue betrays me.

“Can I get an autograph?” I whisper and I face palm myself mentally.

He chuckles and that simple action makes me shiver. Why is he so perfect? Oh my god, I can’t believe I’m next to Zayn… this has to be a dream.

“So I see you recognise me,” he muses with a perfect smile. “What about I invite you something at the bar tonight and an autograph?” He suggests and I bit my lower lip maybe too hard.

“Sure. One thing,” I say and he looks at me arching an eyebrow but without losing his smile. “Can I faint now?”

And he burst out laughing at that but I’m being serious. I can’t believe this is happening. I have to be the luckiest girl in the world. This whole thing is worthy of a fan fiction!

Oh mate, I love my job!