My Holiday (Niall - One shot)

Well, this is a one shot I promised long time ago. I'm sorry for the wait, Rhea. Hope you like it.

-:-:-:-

My Holiday

Niall Horan

I stand on my tiptoes and he leans in, his forehand pressed against mine, his hands on my waist and I’m fighting to keep my tears at bay, but it’s so hard. My heart is being torn apart, breaking into million pieces.

“I’m gonna miss you,” he says and my heart aches even more. And I thought that wasn’t possible. “These have been the best days of my life.”

“I’m gonna miss you, too, Niall,” I tell him squeezing the collar of his t-shirt where my hands are. “I don’t want to go,” I add in a whisper. I feel like the moment I get into that plane, I’ll be leaving half of me with Niall.

I close my eyes and the flashbacks of our days together come rushing to my mind. I can’t believe my luck that got me to meet him, but I’m so grateful. It was an accident when I was taking a picture of a beautiful landscape in Ireland. I know Niall is Irish, every fan of One Direction knows that, but I never thought I was going to find him in Dublin during those days. I mean, what are the odds? It has been the most wonderful coincidence.

I crashed into him when I was walking backwards to get a better view. I got froze when I saw who he was and the way he was smiling to him. He was so nice to me and I couldn’t believe what was happening to me. And from a little chat with him there, we ended up in spending almost every day together.

Best month of my life.

But I have to get back home and so does he. We have to say goodbye and that’s why my heart is breaking. From a platonic love, in that month I ended up falling in love with him.

“When am I gonna see you again?” He asks and I can hear his voice trembling. And that’s the problem. I don’t know if we are ever going to see each other again.

I shake my head ever so slightly and I feel his hold get tighter as he pulls me closer. “We are gonna see each other again. I promise that,” he adds later and his voice sounds so certain I want to believe him. All I want is to be sure I’ll see him again.

I can’t fight the tears any longer and I feel them streaming down my face, salty proof of the pain in my heart. Niall brushes them away with his thumbs and I don’t have the time to say anything before he kisses my lips. I kiss him back, holding onto him for dear life.

When we pull away, his eyes are all tearful. He’s suffering as much as I am.

I want to say something, but I hear the last call to board my plane and I know I have to leave. I have to say goodbye. And at that thought, I start full crying. “Shh, babe. We’ll be fine. I’ll see you again, I promise,” he tells me and I want to believe him, more than anything, I want to believe him.

“I love you,” I tell him slowly pulling away as the last call is repeated.

“And I love you,” he replies still fighting to let me go. He doesn’t want to, I know that.

But I have to go, and with the pieces of my heart falling to the floor, I walk away, more tears rolling down my cheeks as I put more distance between Niall and I. But even when it hurts so much to leave him, I don’t regret anything. It has been the most wonderful month ever. I’ll cherish every single moment forever. Every memory will stay with me forever.

As I take my seat in the plane, all I can see in my mind are the moments Niall and I spent together. I fall asleep with tears in my eyes but a smile on my lips.

* * *

“Miss, we have arrived. Please, wake up,” I heard a feminine voice calling me and I open my eyes. I blink a couple of times to see better and a lovely lady is smiling at me. “Welcome to Ireland, miss. Enjoy your stay,” she adds confusing me. Ireland? That can’t be right.

I take my phone off my pocket and check the date. My heart sinks at the realisation. My holiday is just starting… I’ve never met Niall, it was all a dream.

I want to cry because it felt so real whilst I was dreaming. But it’s just that, a fantasy. It never happened.

With my heart still aching, I go for my luggage hating the way my vacations in Ireland started. But when I’m picking up my suitcase, I crush into someone as I’m so distracted and when I turn around to say I’m sorry, my eyes meet blue yes that shine with recognition. My heart stops and I can’t breathe.

“Hi,” he says sticking out his hand for me to shake. “I’m Niall.”

I can’t utter a word; I’m totally speechless yet I shake his hand. I shiver when our hands make contact, it feels exactly like it felt in my dream.

“I’m Rhea… Nice to meet you,” I say after a while, our hands are still together and I can’t stop looking into his eyes.

“I don’t want to scare you or something, but you look so familiar. Have we met before?” He asks, his lovely accent and perfect smile making him look even more handsome.

“No, we haven’t.” Only in my dreams, I add mentally.

“Oh… but that has changed, right?” He comments with a wider smile and my heart starts to beat frantically.

“It has changed indeed,” I replied with a smile of my own realising that, maybe, my dream will come true. After all, my vacations are just starting.