CHAPTER 4

Unknown to the huge turn in her life, phoenix was happily playing with Audrey.
On the other hand, Audrey was worried for phoenix. Seeing a tensed Evan, she switched on the TV for phoenix to watch and went towards him.
Seeing the questioning look on her face , he said
"They will be here tomorrow"
"Then What happened Evan why are you so tensed, what did they say?"
"At first they were so rude that all I want is to keep Phoenix here with us. I'm scared for her. What if they hurt her"
"I know and I feel the same but our hands are tied by the promise. We should also inform phoenix about everything which is happening"
"She is just a small girl .she should be happy enjoying her childhood ,not deal with all these changes and unfortunate events. I don't know how to tell her about her grandparents death or about her moving to another place living with strangers." Said Evan with a frown on his face.
"Evan we can wait for them to reach here and if they don't want phoenix we can adopt her but for the fact we know that no one can say no to our little nix and her cuteness" Audrey said with a sad smile on her face.

Nix who was watching TV all this time got bored of the show and started searching for Audrey since her tummy started roaring.
"Bwad tummy no sound I give fwood shhh" said nix to her tummy and started calling Audrey.
"Audey me hungwy" shouted nix from the couch.
Hearing her yelling Audrey took some fruits and went towards the couch.
After sitting on the couch beside nix, she slowly started feeding her grapes while nix again got engrossed in the show.
Evan joined the duo on the couch.
Clearing his throat, Evan faced towards nix and said," nix baby"
"Ywes Evan uncwle"
"We need to tell you something dear, do u mind if we switch off the TV till then"
After thinking for sometime with her chubby index finger on her chin, she said OK.
"Nix baby umm your grandpa and grandma umm they died "
"Me no know died, wen thwey come"
"No baby umm they are not coming back"
Thinking that they abandoned her, nix started crying
" gwanpa gwanma no leave nix, nix be gwood no stweal cookies, eat yucky veggie plwease nix no run"
"No no baby your are a good girl they didn't leave you, they are in the sky, do you remember what we saw in the sky at night with telescope"
"Twinkwle stwars"
"Yes my smart little baby and grandma and grandpa are in the stars"
"Ohh so they bwing stwars for nix"
"umm no baby they became stars"
"We can see them tonight if you like baby"
" I lwike"
And then Phoenix started thinking again. Seeing her thinking with that cute little pout, Evan and Audrey awwed in their mind.
"Then nix live with bwaby, Evan uncwle and audey"
"Nix baby even though we would love for you to stay here, your brothers are coming tomorrow"
"Nix no bwothers"
"You have 4 brothers and a father and a mother baby"
"Nix no see thwem"
"They will be here tomorrow"
"Otay" saying this she started yawning .
So Evan picked her up, placed her on the bed and slowly started running his finger through her hair.
After she fell asleep, Evan slowly left the room.

"Nix lobe you gwanpaa and gwanma. I see u stwars nwight" said nix in her sleep