CHAPTER 11

Acacia and Hayes were eagerly waiting for the arrival of the little girl. On hearing the soft footsteps, they were in a state of shock for a few seconds, they were too scared that even this time it will be false information. But they came out of the thought and slowly turned just to be met with a white fluffy cat. On seeing strangers looking at it, it started mewing.

Phoenix,when she saw the back of the tall strangers felt really shy that she ran towards Evan and hid behind his leg. Seeing her cuteness, everyone except the brothers had a small smile on their face.

When the brothers turned towards Evan, they saw a small figure trying to hide behind his legs. Seeing their attention on nix, Evan softly called her to come out.
A small head with beautiful curly hair tied in ribbon peaked out from behind his legs. The beautiful emerald green eyes resembling that of Acacia,shone with happiness. On seeing her face,both the brothers froze for a second. They were admiring the cute little baby. It was no doubt that she was their sister. She looked like a mini version of their mother Ophelia and girl version of Acacia.
"Nix baby won't you introduce yourself to your brothers" said Audrey.
"Hewwo am phoenwix bwut eweyone cwalls me Nwix. You hwae my eyes swame swame"said nix pointing towards Acacia.
" hello Bella, my name is Acacia and yes we do have the same eyes"
"Me no bwella me nix"
"Baby Bella means beautiful"
"I bweatipul"
"You are very beautiful baby"
Hearing this, a hue of redness coated her cheeks.
"You pwetty"
"Thank you my dear"
"Who you, you no sweak"
On hearing this statement everyone started laughing and Acacia and Hayes had an amused expression on their face.
"Ohh Stella I do speak, I was just waiting for my chance. My name is Hayes and iam your second elder brother"
"Hi hay-hay,I nix and thwis mashmellow" said nix showing her cat.
"Ohh thats a cute name baby and its Hayes not hay-hay"
"Swilly hay-hay, I call hay-hay nwickname lwike phoenix nix"
"Ohh really baby then I'm loving that nickname" saying this Hayes picked her up.

Seeing them interacting, made Evan and Audrey sigh in relief. Then Evan went towards them.
"Mr.Gasper it is already late so if you want you can stay here today and leave tomorrow"
"Before that we need to talk, alone" acacia said in his serious tone.
Both Evan and acacia along with Audrey went towards the bedroom.
"Tell me everything on where did you find nix"
"Of course Mr.Gasper, so there was this old couple who lived a few meters away from here. Nix used to live with them. They said she was their granddaughter and that nix's parents already died. Yesterday they left nix here saying that some people found about them. Today morning we received their death news. That's all I know"
"Then how the fuck did you know my fathers number"
"Before leaving they asked me to call the number which they gave in a letter"
"Where is the letter"
"Its here just a minute" saying this Evan started opening the drawer to retrieve the letter.
Acacia opened the letter.

^Dear Evan and Audrey ;
I know what is about to happen. We are going to die. I hope you kept the promise of opening this letter the next day after I give this. You and Audrey have been a great help for us. I can never thank you enough for all you did. Now im asking for one last favour. I want you to call the number mentioned below and inform Maverick about Phoenix. They will take care of her. I never wanted to involve you in this matter but we are helpless. This is a very tough spot and I know you will have a lot of doubts and questions but I want you to forget about all of this. Don't let your curiosity get you. Because the curiosity killed the cat, just like it is gonna kill us now. Take care of yourself and Audrey and most importantly your baby. Im not mentioning about you taking care of Phoenix because I know once they get to know about her existence, they will do everything in their power to protect and take care of her. Thank you for everything and goodbye.

Yours
Atticus

Number: 3*********^

Folding the letter, acacia gave of back to Evan.
"I would like to take up the offer of staying the night if it still exist"
"Of course Mr Gasper I could arrange the guest room for you guys."
"No we would like to stay in Phoenix's room"
"Umm yeah sure"
They went to the living room. It was basically empty except for Hayes and nix. Acacia saw the most adorable sight of Nix sleeping on Hayes shoulder who was seated on the couch.
Everyone else had left after bidding a goodnight to nix when they saw her yawning time to time while rambling about marshmallow to Hayes. He was listening to every single word as if he was making a deal.
On seeing Acacia with Evan and Audrey, he asked about the next step to acacia in a silent tone.
"We are gonna stay here tonight and will leave tomorrow morning"
"OK then let's take a nap, am exhausted" then turning towards Evan and Audrey,"can you show me her room".
Nodding at him, Audrey went towards nix's room.
Hayes settled nix in the middle and both the brothers slept on either side of nix.
Wishing them goodnight, Evan and Audrey retreated towards their bedroom.
That night the brothers had the best sleep with nix whereas in the Gasper mansion the parents along with ledger and magnus had a sleepless night, waiting for the dawn, wishing for the next day to come sooner, yearning to see their daughter and sister respectively.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks;
Hope you guys are enjoying the story.
Let me know what you guys think about it and please don't forget to cast your votes.

Also let me know who is your favorite character till now on the comment section.