CHAPTER 9

Dreake is a small town in the outskirts of london. Covered with lush green trees from which fresh fruits are taking a peek. The huge mountains acting as a shield to the town from the ever busy city. The grasses from light green to lime green to celadon to evergreen, forming a soft bed. The different varieties of flowers is not only giving a contrast to the green but also its sweet smell.
With only a few houses in the vicinity, peace is a permanent companion for the people there.

After nix took her small nap, Audrey fed her some fruits, a sandwich with a glass of milk. Even though nix was sad that her grandparents are not coming back, she was also excited to meet her brothers and her parents.
After the lunch, Audrey took phoenix to their barn where she was playing with the chicks and the lamb while Audrey took care of the animals.
Nix was missing her own own pet animals,most importantly her marshmallow,a Siberian cat,which her grandpa got for her while returning from the city.
Meanwhile Evan went towards nix's house with his truck to bring all the animals to his house since there is no one there to take care of the animals.
After playing for about 2hours, nix was tired so Audrey made her sleep by singing a lullaby. Kissing nix on her forehead, Audrey also decided to take a quick nap.
Evan reached his house and along with some of his friends, he settled all the animals in his barn.
Evan then took marshmallow towards nix's room just to see his wife and nix cuddling and sleeping peacefully.
Placing marshmallow in a small basket on the floor, he retreated without making a sound.
He then went towards living room and started chatting with his friends about Atticus and Ivy, their accident and death.
"Did you guys know both Atticus and Ivy were not only burned, before that they were shot too. My cousin is the investigating officer, he said they were killed so cruelly that they were unrecognisable. Both of them were such sweethearts. I used to see them as my role model, the love they had for each other was something everyone used to envy. I feel sad for phoenix" said one of his friends.
"What I don't understand is that why Phoenix was staying with them rather than her parents and brother"said another one.
" I don't know man and listening to her brother to whom I spoke, it was like they were searching for her, everything is so confusing"said Evan.
"Maybe they had some reason, we don't have any rights to judge them" said Audrey coming from the stairs.
"Hey Audrey how is it being pregnant"
"Exhausting, would you guys like something to drinks"
"No Audrey we are good, my wife was asking about your morning sickness. She said she would prepare some herbal tea which will help for it"
"I would like that please cuz my morning sickness is really making me so tired.I can't keep my food down most times"
"OK then I'll ask her to come by here this evening"
And they all started chatting again while Audrey went to check on Phoenix.

While looking at her, all Audrey hope is for phoenix to have a happy life.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys
Thank you for your support. Please continue giving me the support by voting and commenting.
My special thanks to @blossomTRw and @AdelaideKnight for your comments. I really appreciate it. Thank you guys.