CHAPTER 7

Ophelia went towards her room, took her phone out of her pocket. The screen lit up showing a picture of her holding Phoenix in her arms when she was just born.
Seeing the picture, she became emotional and slowly caress the phone screen.
Then she call someone...

ITALY
Maverick had went to Italy for some work. Though he had given the business to his sons, still he does attend meetings and other stuffs just to be distracted when all his findings led to dead ends.
The purpose of his visit got over yesterday night so he was getting ready to leave when suddenly his phone rang.
"Hello flower, am just about to start towards the airport, I'll reach home by tomorrow"
"Mave..."
"Flower sweety are you crying, what happened tell me"
"We got another call about nix mave, Acacia and Hayes had went to confirm the information"
Maverick was shocked. Several emotions were running in his heart. Love, shock, anger, helplessness but most importantly happiness.
But suddenly he remembered all the fake calls and false information. So he understood his wife's feeling on this one too being a misunderstanding.
"Ophelia, flower listen to me, I want you to be strong I'll be there by tonight. Even if it is not our baby girl, we will not stop searching for her. OK I want you to take rest since I know you would have just returned back from your trip. Don't take too much stress dear. Let's hope for the best. Love you flower"
"Love you too mave" saying this Ophelia cut the call.
Maverick rushed towards the airport and got on the plane, hoping and praying for the information to be true.

Ophelia decided to go to Phoenix's room. When she entered the room, she found a photo of nix, lying on the bed.
She carefully took the photo and caressed it.
She sat on the bed with her back against the headboard, hugging the photo to her chest.
Unknowingly she fell asleep with the photo still in her hands.

Acacia and Hayes boarded the jet and started their journey. Acacia being the eldest brother had always been this silent brooding male. When phoenix was born, he was the most happiest since he always wanted a sister. When he first took her in his arms, he felt this urge to protect her from anything and everything. Seeing that her eyes matched with his, he was over the moon. That fact had made the other brothers so jealous that they were sulking about it for more than a week.
Acacia and Phoenix had beautiful emerald eyes which they got it from their grandfather while Maverick, Ophelia and the other brothers had hazel eyes. So the chances of the information being true made him ecstatic.
Hayes on the other hand was still doubtful. Even though the thought of having their little baby back made him want to dance, the chances of it being wrong made him so mad and vulnerable at the same time.
Phoenix was their most precious gem and the brothers had vowed to protect her on the day of her birth. When she was kidnapped, the brothers felt like the soul left their body. Every time they received any info just to see their father returning empty handed and a defeated look made them want to destroy everything.
So will this time be their miracle or are they gonna return with defeat?