CHAPTER 23

Everyone was rejoicing the return of their little baby. But there was one person who was scared or more like terrified.
It was none other than Magnus. He was always on high alert even when inside the mansion.
He was only about 16 when nix was kidnapped. He didn't want to ever experience that feeling again. The feeling of loosing a part of his heart, the feeling of loneliness, the fear of not being able to fulfill his promise to phoenix to always keep her safe. He didn't want to be separated from her again.
Phoenix was an unexpected child. The gasper family were both shocked as well as overjoyed. The news of Ophelia's pregnancy was like having the whole world in their hands. Acacia was 23, Hayes 20, ledger 18 and magnus 15.
By that time Maverick had already handed over the company to Acacia and was full on protective mode, always being with Ophelia and taking care of her needs.
The most favorite time for the boys were when they would talk with their baby sister who was still inside their mothers womb.
After her birth, nix became their whole world.
One day when nix was about 6months, while she was lying on her back in the garden, an assassin was trying to kill her with his gun. Ophelia was sitting beside nix, arranging the toys around her. Fortunately when the gun was shot, nix had turn around lying on her stomach, escaping the bullet. This scene was witnessed by magnus who had just came back from the school, eager to play with his little peanut. Hearing the sound, nix had started wailing.
Ophelia quickly picked her up and ran inside the mansion while the security guards caught the assassin.
Ophelia on seeing magnus and pulled him with her inside.
He was shell shocked. Nix who had stopped crying after sometimes, on seeing magnus had tried to get his attention from Ophelia's arms. Noticing him distracted, nix made a loud sound catching his attention.
He took her in his arms, hugging her tightly to himself. Nix on getting his attention had clapped her hands and started blabbering in her own language. Magnus on the other had promised himself that he will always protect her like a shield.
So nix being kidnapped just after 2months of the incident had completely shattered him.
The guilt of not keeping his promise had crushed his heart into pieces.
That is when he got indulged in research. His specialty is making toxins and drugs which can prolong and accelerate pain without killing the person and several other drugs and the first victim on whom he tested this drug was the assassin who was captured. Even though they tried very hard to get information from him, they ended on dead end. He never liked violence but after nix kidnap, he became a beast. None of them knew the level of his transformation, not even his family or Maya. Several other secrets were also hidden and kept to himself.
So he mostly had a blank face to access his surrounding which made nix to interpret it to be his dislike towards her. The occasional softness in his eyes whenever he looks at her made her confused. Thus she made up her mind confront him about this.
But what she doesn't know is that magnus will give her the world if at all she is to ever ask him.

He can kill or be killed for her.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys
Hope you like this chapter. I know it is a bit small but I can promise you that the next chapter will be brief as well as interesting.

How would you guys like to see some romance between magnus and maya.

Let me know in the comment section.
And don't forget to vote.
Thank you