Chapter 2: Transportation

The next day, Scarlet and Jane both decided it was time to start packing. Nothing more than a backpack is all they needed. A change of clothes, some money, electronics, etc. They kinda hoped that the house they've lived in wasn't investigated anymore, as they expected to happen after their leave.

And if not, it's not like they'd kill a family for the first time in their life just to get the house.

In the middle of her packing, a presence appeared behind her. Since she was ingulfed in her activity, headphones in and blasting music, she didn't notice the person right away. Only when a hand touched her shoulder she turned around, taking the first thing by her hand, ready to stab/slash the person that disturbed her.

The person behind her stepped back, dodging the attack as the woman took out her headphones.

"Jesus, Masky, don't sneak up on me like that! I could've hurt you" she let out when she saw the male, then looked at what she chose for defence.

"That's a phone charger" Masky calmly pointed at the cable in her hand, then back at her. She rolled her eyes at the obvious statement, putting it into he bag.

"Don't underestimate a simple phone charger - you can choke someone with that as easily as with a rope. Now, what is it? You didn't come here just to scare me, right?"

"Nothing important. I just wanted to see if the news were true"

"What news?" She raised a brow.

"Well, Jeff was mumbling something about you and Jane going back to Musutafu. I just wanted to see if the information is true, since, you know; it came from Jeff" he shrugged, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I see. Yep, he's right. Slender expects us to leave two days from now, with Sally too"

"Sally?"

"Yeah, something about wanting to see more quirks"

"Ah. I see. I can understand that" he nodded absentmindedly. The woman, who was halfway done packing, heard the small shift in his tone and turned around.

"I've never taken you for a jealous type"

"What?"

"Jealous type"

"I am not jealous"

"Then what is it? I can tell by your tone that something is bothering you. Spill" he stood there for a while, wondering if he should speak up. With a small sigh, he began to explain.

"I wouldn't call it jealousy. The news just made us think back on our quirks"

"You mean you and Hoodie?"

"Yes"

"Huh..." she nodded slowly, a thinking look on her features.

"What?" The male raised a brow, though it went unseen because of his mask.

"You didn't use your quirks as much as the others and never spoke about them afterwards. I never guessed it could make you feel that way, ya know?"

"I guess I can see your point. But having your own power can feel....pretty amazing" he spoke, a small nod towards her making her understand that he also refered to her.

"You're damn right it can" she grinned, hearing a chuckle in her mind in response.

"By the way..." She continued, seeing that he was already leaving.

"Are you by any chance annoyed that we went? And not you?"

That sentence made him stop. With a low chuckle and a shake of his head, he resumed his walk, turning his head around.