Chapter 7: Search

The travel to Musutafu made the group of four stop one more time. With the map in hand, Jane navigated the way while Sally talked with Eri; though the conversation was mostly one-sided. It didn't look like the girl in pink minded much. Scarlet just either listened, stared up through the visible window to the outside, or just let herself get dragged, eyes closed; holding conversation with Skyler about anything and everything.

"Heads up, we'll be there in 10 or so minutes by my guess" Jane called out, making the rest look at her.

"Just don't throw us out right in front of the house, please"

"You think I'd do that? Who do you take me for"

"Should I answer that or....?"

"I-" Jane turned to the grinning woman in the back, incredilous expression on her face - which was quickly replaced by a grin of her own.

"Bitch" she mumbled under her breath, only to make the other woman laugh out loud.

"But seriously, throw us out a street away. You'll have an easy time scouting the area"

"Sure, sure" she once again payed attention to the road.

"Where are we....going?"

Scarlet glanced at the curious newcomer in the group, whos head was tilted ever so slightly to the side.

"It's our old home. We'll see if we can live there again"

"Again?" Eris eyebrows rose up in question.

'She'll figure it out sooner or later, might as well say it now' Scarlet sighed, noticing that both Sally and Jane were sneaking glances towards them, while the clueless child stared at her, eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"You see, we left that house a few months ago. We were running from the heroes"

The wig-wearing woman chuckled when she saw the kid look puzzled even more.

"Aren't heroes....good?" she mumbled.

"Depends on who it is..." Jane rolled her eyes in the front, the sentence itself being just barely heard by the rest.

"You can say that again" Scarlet replied with a small scoff, remembering some of the fakes that stood on top of the hero chain. Endeavor, for example. She could feel her mood turn sour when she thought about him. Shaking it off, she looked back at Eri, who now just looked worried.

"The point is...we are not what a lot of people consider 'good'. Some might even compare us to the guy that held you captive before"

Eris hand lightly twitched in Scarlets hold, which was understandable. She didn't expect a positive reaction - quite the opposite, actually.

The girl seemed to think, her brows furrowing even more, looking at Scarlet and then at Jane, before glancing at Sally, who felt her gaze and turned towards her with a smile.

"It's okay! I've been with them for a long time! Big sis Jane and Scar are really nice, you'll see!" Her hold on Eris hand tightened in reassurance. The white haired girl gazed at the brunette for a good second, before she just nodded.

It took the adults by surprise - Jane fully expected for her to panic and try to get away. Scarlet thought she'd cry.

It was appreciated though, since they didn't have to censor their future conversations while this girl is staying with them - it's true that they still are careful about what they say with Sally present, but that's just because she doesn't like that stuff, not because she straight up doesn't know; she knows very well, but just ignores it to the best of her abilities.