Chapter 4: Lost and Found

The trip back didn't feel as long as the way to the mall, and the duo appreciated the fact. The street was still crowded as anything, making Scarlet hold Sally just a tad bit closer - with this amount of people around, they could easily get separated.

On their way back, the older woman noticed a gift shop and upon closer inspection, she saw just what she was looking for - a map.

The three had no idea where they actually were and seeing Greenie of all people confused her even more, since this place wasn't Musutafu; she could tell that much.

'Who was that with Greenie anyway?'

'Dunno....it wasn't anyone from class. The only tall one like that was that octopus guy. But this one was blonde'

'An upperclassman?'

'Could be...let's just hope we don't meet again. We don't need any unnecessary...casualties, if he realises who we are. He was always a smart cookie'

'Yeah.....just a calm, survey-like mission'

'Exactly'

Snatching at least three maps just in case, the duo causiously made their way back to the alley, where Jane is waiting for them.

---

'Where the hell is she?'

Hands on her hips and one eyebrow raised, Scarlet looked around from one side of the alley to another.

"Where's Jane?" Sally tilted her head, stepping into the dark alley, surveing every nook and cranny for the woman.

"Jane, come on out" The woman sighed. She quickly realised that it's been around an hour since they left.

Janes quirk manifested itself and now she's playing Hide and Seek.

Great

Her realisation was only proven when the duo heard familiar laughter resonate through the alley.

Sallys head turned left and right, a grin on her face, running further in. The older woman smiled when the girl called out;

"Marco!"

From somewhere in the alley, a voice - Jane resurfaced and chuckled.

"Polo"

And went back in as soon as Sally turned her way. She called out again, and Jane responded in another part of the alley, now further from the girl. This went on for a minute or two.

Stuck in her thoughts, Scarlet nearly didn't realise that Sally ran right past her, eyes closed, arms in the air. She was giggling like crazy. Her confusion cleared when she noticed why she was running.

On the ground, she could see the dark puddle indicating Janes location now that she neared the edge of the alley, more light shining in.

One of her hands was outside, fingers together pointing upwards. Now that she payed more attention, she heard Jane chant a tune.

.
.
.

The Jaws theme.

.
.
.

Seriously?

And this right here is a dangerous serial killer, folks - a villain, as they call it here, in her natural habitat.

Scarlet shook her head at their silliness, though she was anything but annoyed by it. She actually enjoyed the happy moment - until she noticed where Sally was heading. Before she could call out for her to stop, the girl ran out of the alley - into the marching crowd.