Chapter 6: Small Talk

The void that surrounded Eri was endless and to her eyes even scary. There was nothing inside - just the four of them. The one in the lead was a brunette, around the age of the black haired woman that stood up for her before. Sally held her hand, smilling back at the newcomer, the grin reasuring her that there is nothing to worry about now. Eris right arm was outstretched to held Sallys, strangely calming her down while her other hand held the other adult.

The girl looked around, feeling as if she was floating, but the worry remained.

What was gonna happen now?

She escaped Overhaul, but who are these people?

Sure, they saved her, but could it be that they knew who she was? Was it just for their selfish greed of getting their hands on her quirk?

Or what if Overhaul finds her?

Her eyebrows furrowed, her head rising up when she felt her hand being squeezed. It was Sally again.

"Don't worry! We'll take care of you, right?" she looked to the women for an answer.

Eri heard the women sigh, but before any guilt made it's way to her mind, she heard them chuckle.

"You heard Sally"

"Now you're stuck with us, kid"

"Hope you don't go crazy" she heard the black haired woman mumble with a small laugh, making the girl raise a brow. Disregarding the comment, she looked at Sally, who was grinning from ear to ear, nodding in understanding.

The moment fell silent, though it was quite comfortable. The brunette made a turn every once in a while, before she looked back at the trio, mainly at the other woman.

"So, where are we exactly going?"

"Don't you have a map over there?"

"I do, but that doesn't exactly tell me where do you wanna go"

"Well, we have to get away from this city, so that's one thing. Wanna try our old house?"

"You think that won't be under survailence?"

"If so, we can....find a new house" she eyed Eri, holding back any more-violent words. Don't get her wrong, she'll figure out they are in some terms the same as that man soon enough.

But not now.

That girl has enough on her plate as is.

'Something tells me she already knows'

'It's not like we tried to hide it before' the woman shrugged.

"It'll be a while to get there. Not sure about the limit of my quirk" Jane called out, looking at the map and then up at the small window through which she could see the outside above her.

"That's fine, take your time. You haven't used it in a while, so a brake or two is expected"

The moment fell silent again, Sally every once in a while turning to Eri to check on her well being.

"Hey Eri" the woman could feel the child flinch ever so slightly through her hold, before she turned.

"Yes?" she meakly asked.

'Who was that man?' - is what she wanted to ask. But, again, this girl has been through some shit, likely her whole life by her reaction. With that in mind, Scarlet smiled at the girl.

"How old are you?"

Her eyes widened a bit; she probably expected a different question.

"I'm....I'm six"