Chapter 10: Valuable

"What is it that you want from me?"

The man let out a puff of smoke, leaving the cigarette on the ash tray, adjusting his purple suit and putting his hands together, patiently waiting for a response.

"The word is that you're good at finding people, Giran. The best, even" Overhaul stated, making the man before him loudly chuckle.

"Why thank you for the compliment. I try to keep some level prestige in this line of business...and crowd. But please, there's no need to flatter me; let's just cut to the chase" Giran waved the man off, slightly leaning forward, an amused grin on his face.

"Who do you need me to find and why?"

"I'll tell you the 'who', but the 'why' is my business alone"

The man stared at the villain leader for a second, letting out a low chuckle, before clearing his throat.

"Beggars can't be choosers, Mr. Overhaul. A businessman worth his salt won't secure a deal without knowing every single detail. You must understand" the older man leaned back, hands crossed over his chest. The clock on the back wall ticked loudly as the room fell silent. With a sigh, the standing man began to speak.

"I need you to look for three people that...stole something valuable from me. A woman and two kids"

"Something valuable to the point you'd seek help from outside sources?" Giran took the cigarette between his fingers again and breathed in. Breathing the smoke out, he continued.

"Can't imagine something like that"

"Yes, well, it happened unfortunately" Giran grinned, reaching for a pen and a piece of paper.

"Do you know their descriptions? Their affiliations? Anything at all"

"The woman was around her twenties. Black long hair, black shirt, blue zip-up hoodie and jeans. The two kids were around ten, both girls. One a brunette, one with white hair. The white haired girl had a horn on her forehead, red eyes, bandages on her arms and wore a white dirty dress. The brunette wore a pink one. I've never met them, but the woman was willing to hurt me and seemed skilled enough to be a villain"

Giran nodded along as the man described the trio, writing the details down. When the man stopped, Giran looked over the words, shaking his head.

"Can't say I know anyone of this description. A group mostly made out of kids is an interesting concept. First time I'm hearing of it" he chuckled, putting the notes down.

''How much do you want'' Overhaul stated, waiting for a response. Giran hummed in thought, leaning back in his chair. The cigarette touched his lips as he breathed in, slowly breathing out, the other hand adjusting his glasses.

A good minute passed as the broker looked into nothing in particular, the cigarette in his right hand while the villain leader waited with any amount of patience he could muster.

''I won't take anything''

That made the leader of Shie Hassaikai raise a brow.

''I can't imagine you'd do this for free''

''You don't have to imagine anything, Mr. Overhaul. I won't take anything, because I decline your deal" the man could almost feel the atmosphere around the younger villain change as his expression- now a glare - pierced through him.

''What do you mean you decline?'' His hands created fists, a hint of anger seeping through his low tone. Giran took another puff of the cigarette, tapping on the end above the tray to make the ash fall, his posture relaxed and calm.