Chapter 5: Fight or Flight

[Overhaul might act a little OOC, don't kill me for that, thanks, byeeeeee! Love you all!]

_____________________

"Eri, come here"

The man reached out towards the girl, who was hiding behind Sally, eyes closed tight.

She was scared.

So scared that the other girl in the pink dress could feel her shake.

Seeing that the girl wasn't moving, the man grew impatient.

"Eri"

He spoke sternly, his eyes glaring daggers through Sally and into 'Eri', her body freezing when he called again. Her hands flew up to her ears, while she shook her head.

The two women present, visible or not, clearly saw that this girl wanted to be as far away from the man as possible.

Seriously, you'd have to be blind to not notice it.

While the girl in pink was shielding Eri, staring at the man with a small glare of her own, Scarlet stepped in front of Sally to protect them both.

"Seems like she doesn't wanna go with you, pal. You should just turn around and leave"

His eyes trailed from the girl to the woman, his arm falling to his side, but standing his ground, eyebrows raised.

"And who are you?"

"Who wants to know?"

"I'm her fathe-"

"You are not. You're doing a shit job at pretending that. Look how she's scared of you" Scarlet glared back at the dark haired man, her arms crossing in front of her chest.

Jane resurfaced by the two girls, out of his sight, telling Sally to try and comfort this 'Eri' girl, before hiding again, quietly watching the scene unfold.

He didn't speak at first, clearly looking annoyed by thr womans presence.

That girl just had to run off again.

Another issue for him to fix.

Like he didn't have enough work to do.

Running the whole Shie Hassaikai isn't at all a lazy job, and now he has to deal with this.

To say his annoyance was through the roof was an understatement.

"I don't have time for someone to lecture me. I can do what I want. Now get out of the way or you'll get hurt"

A small gasp could be heard in the alley, coming from the white haired girl.

She didn't want anyone to get hurt just because of her selfish needs.

Scarlet sized him up and down, wondering how strong he could be in order to have this amount of confidence.

"Is that a threat?" She raised her brow, unimpressed - though before she could say anything else, quick steps caught her attention and long, white hair came into view.

"Don't. I.....I'll go" Eri spoke, her voice shaking, standing as if she wanted to shield the woman and Sally. Scarlet was somewhat surprised. This girl was terrified of the man, yet she was willing to go back wherever she ran away from - with him.

"Very good. You know not to runaway. Or did you already forget why?" He looked down upon her, towering above her small frame. She was still shaking, scanning the ground for a small burst of confidence or anything at all that would help her ease her nerves. Fidgeting with her hands, she just nodded, not even looking back as she took a step towards him, while he turned around and began to leave.