A Fresh Start

LUZ FIRST PERSON POV
.
.
.
.
BAD WORDS WARNING

It was finally the start of my freshman year in college. I was finally able to get away from the shitty high-school I had spent the last 4 years in. All the fights, detentions, suspensions, and other things could all be put behind me now.

But with that meant that I had to leave my Mom and sister, Vee. Which sucked. They had both always been there to support me through anything in high school, but now they wouldn't be there to help me in college. I guess it was about time I learned to live on my own. I was 19 after all.

I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about it all. I wouldn't have them, but at least my best friends from school were going to the same college as me. Willow, Gus, and Hunter were the people who would pull me out of fights and visit me in detention, or bring me my work when I wasn't at school. I'm glad we all got into the same college.

"LUCIA, MI AMOR, YOU'RE  GOING TO BE LATE IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN HERE ALREADY," I heard my mom scream from downstairs. I looked at my watch, which read 8:00 am. There was 4 hours until I had to arrive at Hexside University.

I made my way downstairs to avoid getting yelled at again, and was greeted by my mom and sister waiting at the bottom of the stairs. My mom seemed to have tears in her eyes, and Vee looked like she had better things to be doing.

"Ay, Lucia, mi amor!" my mom sniffled and hugged me tightly, almost taking the breath out of me. "We are going to miss you so much!"

"Mami," I groaned with little breath. My mom let me go and reached her hand to stroke the side of my face. There was sadness in her eyes that reflected onto me. "Mami, if you cry, I'm gonna cry, and neither of us want that,"

"I know, mi amor. I'm sorry." she chuckled lightly.

I walked past her and Vee to get my big ass suitcase, my backpack, my field jacket, and the red beanie I always wore. I slipped it over my short, messy brown hair.

"Yo, munch," I heard Vee's voice call out behind me.

"Shut up Vee," I said and turned with a laugh. I saw the shit-eating grin on her face. That must run in the family.

"Nah, but really, I'm gonna miss you." She slugged me playfully in the shoulder.

"Same, dumdum," I pushed her lightly. After one more look at my small family, I said goodbye one more time, giving hugs all around again, and then made my way to my small car. The smell of weed was hidden by my air freshener, but not well-hidden. I sat down and started the red car and started my drive to my new college

Gay timeskip

The road trip was relatively easy. I mostly just listened to Laufey and TV Girl for 4 hours and stopped once at a Buc-ees. I got to Hexside at 12:20, reasonably late as I always was. Almost as soon as I arrived my phone buzzed with a text.

Willow: bro when are you getting here

Lucia: im here alr dumass
Lucia: where is our dorm
Lucia: i don't feel like going to the leasing office rn

Willow: we're 9D
Willow: 9th room 4th floor

Lucia: ik that dumass

Willow: shuddup

Lucia: never :)

I clicked off my phone and drove my car to the dorm building. This campus was fucking hugeeeee. I would have to drive to classes in the morning, which would suck if I was hungover. I parked and got my suitcase out of my trunk.

I walked into the lobby of the giant building. There was a lady sitting at a desk to my right.

"Name and dorm number," she said in an annoyed voice.

"Lucia Noceda, 9D." She flipped through a binder, scribbled something on the page, and then handed me a key. I guess i didn't have to go to a leasing office after all. I made my way to the elevator, suitcase in tow and heard a call from the front desk lady. "That doesn't work." I groaned and went to the stairs. I had to climb 4 flights with my heavy ass suitcase. I took off my jacket before I started climbing, leaving me in only my black wifebeater and gray sweats. And of course my beanie.

I finally made it to my floor and heard the sounds of other people settling in their apartment. I made my way to the end of the hallway where my dorm was.

I noticed the door to the apartment next to mine and couldn't help but peek in to try to see my new neighbor. The sight my eyes were greeted with was hilarious. A mint-haired girl in ripped black jeans and a tight pink crop top was yelling at a tall ass guy with darker green hair who was moving a small sofa at her command. He seemed to be in so much distress that it was funny. The minty one turned slightly and I could see a part of her face. Her eyeliner was amazingly done, and her facial features were... pleasant?

I shrugged it off and walked to my dorm. I opened it and already smelled the glorious smell of marijuana. Damn, Willow's already at it? I thought. But there was no smoke in the empty room. Must've been the previous owners.

"LUCIA, IS THAT YOU?" I heard Willow's voice from another room.

"YEAH," I set my suitcase down by the door. I looked around the living room. Nice, there was already a TV there. No couch though. I walked to where I heard Willow yell from and leaned against tree he doorway. She was decorating her room, pinning fake vines to the wall. She already had her led lights set up and on a blue green setting. There were a couple boxes down on the floor. Had I under packed?

"How long have you been here?" I asked. Willow jumped when I started talking and I grinned at her and laughed when she turned around.

"Tall fucker," she said while I laughed. "And, I got here like an hour ago."

"Overachiever," I rolled my eyes and she grinned.

"Your room is that way," Willow pointed at the door right behind me. Between the two rooms was the bathroom door. I didn't bother going in quite yet. I went into my room where there was already a desk, dresser, and a bed. I got my suitcase from the living room and unpacked all my stuff, put the sheets on the queen sized bed, and then put my toiletries in the bathroom. I flopped onto my bed and decided to take a nap before doing literally anything.

a/n: sorry boring chapter, plssss the next one will be better, this is a setup chapter. luv u guys sm thanks for reading!
(1190 words)