Haircut

Lucia Pov
.
.
.
.

It had been 2 weeks since the party. I was taking a break from school, just doing it all online so I could avoid the people who were at the party— which was everybody at this goddamn school.

I had no idea what was going on with me and Amelia. We hadn't talked much since the day we kissed. I wanted to, but I didn't know what to say.

I was sitting at my desk thinking about her right when I got a text from the angel.

Amelia💕: are you busy

Lucia: not rly why

Amelia💕: come over
Amelia💕: right now

Her text shocked me. She was never this straightforward. It must've been an emergency.

I checked my appearance in the mirror. I looked like a pile of shit, but that was fine. I walked over to Amelia's dorm, not really bothering to knock.

"Blight?" I called from the living room.

"In here," a response came from the bathroom. I walked in and saw Amelia on the floor, makeup smudged all over her face and her hair— she had tried to cut her own hair.

"JESUS FUCK BLIGHT," I said and kneeled down. "What the fuck happened?!"

She sniffles and giggled. "It's that bad?"

I wasn't about to lie. "Uh- yeah it really is." She gave me sad smile. "Don't worry, I got this. I used to cut my own hair when I was little."

Amity looked scared as fuck before I left the bathroom and went to her room to get the chair I knew was by her bed. I dragged it into the bathroom and ordered Amelia to sit.

"I'm trusting you with this, Lucia," Amelia looked up at me. I tilted her head back and wiped some of the smudged makeup off her face. "Uh-huh, now scissors?"

She pointed at the scissors on the counter and I grabbed them and started shaping her edges.

"So, what happened? Why'd you do this?"

"Uh, well, the weekend I went to see my parents, my mom and I got into a bad fight. Then, she texted me this morning and, uh..." Amelia's voice broke and i saw her tears through the mirror. "She just kept giving me compliments and I couldn't take it, because just a few weeks ago she was telling me I'd never be good enough. Anyways, one of the compliments was that she liked my hair and so, uh, yeah."

I didn't say anything and just kept cutting. I felt it wasn't best for me to say something just yet. After about 30 minutes I had cut Amelia's hair. She was zoned out and looking at her hands. I tapped her shoulder and she looked in the mirror.

Her hair was down to her shoulders and now had bangs. Amelia's eyes widened and she turned to me.

"This is.... WONDERFUL!! I love it so much, Lucia!!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

"Thanks, but I feel like it's missing something." She sat back in the chair.

"Like what?"

I searched through the cabinets in the bathroom. I eventually found a box with purple hair dye in it. I held it up and all Amelia did was nod vigorously.

Gay time skip

I was sitting on Amelia's couch when she came out of the bathroom. I stood up when I heard the door open and close.

She came out of the hallway. I saw Amelia. But I didn't see Amelia. I saw... a cotton candy-haired goddess. My jaw dropped into the depths of hell. Her hazelnut colored eyes fleeted from my eyes to the floor, then back and forth again.

I walked over to the beautiful girl. Her lavender hair was still wet and went down to her shoulders. I moved the bangs out from in front of her eyes with my finger. I held her face in my hands. Her eyes still looked sad. I stroked her cheekbone with my thumb.

"Hey," I said. She looked up at me. "You're beautiful."

Amelia let out a sad giggle and then put her hands on mine. She stood on her tiptoes and put her lips against mine. She kissed me and I kissed back, one of my hands moving from her cheek to her jaw, the other to her waist. It was like I couldn't control what they were doing, they just did it. Amelia's arms wrapped around my neck, her hands brushing through my hair.

I pulled away from her and looked into her eyes. They were glittering with tears, a few of which had made her way onto her cheeks. "You're crying," why did I feel the need to say that. She averted her gaze from mine and wiped the tear off of her face. "Hey, hey. It's okay, Amelia. I'm here. You can talk, okay? I will always, always be here to listen. You don't have to bottle up all these emotions, alright?"

Then, she broke down. I pulled the sobbing girl into her room, sat her on her bed and just held her in my arms. "I'm— *hic* sorry, Lucia. I'm not—*hic* usually so— *hic* emotionallll."

"Don't worry about it, I have a teenage sister." Amelia just kept crying and that was fine. Though, she wasn't exactly the prettiest crier. That was fine too. We just sat there for a good while while she cried and I stroked her lavender hair.

Amelia's sobs eventually faded and we were just sitting on the edge of her bed, embracing each other.

"Thank you again, Lucia," the Blight said while she wiped off her face.

"Don't thank me." I softly smiled.

"Uh... do you wanna watch a movie or something?" Amelia grabbed a remote off her bed and scooted back to where her pillows sat.

"I guess," I said. She patted the spot on her bed right next to herself and I scooted towards her. She opened up Netflix.

"What do you like to watch?"

"Uhhh, romanceeeee I guess??" I responded.

"Oo, sameee... I know a good one." She picked one and turned it on. She leaned her head on my shoulder and covered herself with her blanket. After a while, her eyelids started to colse and she cuddled up against me.

"I love you, Lucia." I heard a whisper from the purple haired girl.

"I love you too Amelia."

We fell asleep in each other's arms.

Sorry this is so late. Thanks for all the support lately, were at 600 reads!!!!!! I start school on monday so please wish me luck, that also means I wont be posting a lot so don't be too mad at me. Love yall sooooo muchhhh.