Gone

Lucia POV
.
.
.
.
language, alcoholism, abuse

"Let's go," said Willow when I walked into the apartment crying.

"What?" I asked while she grabbed her coat and mine, heading to the door.

She shoved the coat into my chest. "Im gonna drive you to your mothers house and you are going to stay there until after her surgery. At least there you'll have Vee, and you can call me whenever you want. You just need some time away, okay?"

"What if I mess things up ag-"

"Just don't." Willow opened the door. She also had my laptop bag in her hand. Her stern look turned into a caring smile. I fucking love that bitch.

I followed her out the door and we walked past Amelia's dorm. I swear I heard Amelia crying in there. Before I could even think about trying to go to her door Willow grabbed my arm and pulled me to the stairway, then to her car.

Ik some of y'all are mad at me but maybe a
G A Y T I M E S K I P
will make it better

I couldn't help but cry almost the whole way home. It felt like I had fucked up my entire life and there was nothing I could do at this point to make any of it better.

Well, Willow dropped me off and went off to have some private conversation with my sister. I just sat in my room, not texting, not watching anything. I just sat. For hours. I cried occasionally. But I just sat.

Then the sun went down. I started to think.

How could I talk to Amelia like that?

Especially after I slept with somebody else.

I had no right...

I wasn't even listening to what she had to say.

She could've been going through something hard.

And I wouldn't even fucking listen.

I wiped some of the tears from my face and made up my mind.

Vodka.

I walked down the dark stairs. The house always felt different at 2 a.m.

I looked in the usual cabinet above the fridge. I grabbed for the bottle but the only thing my hand grabbed was air. I grabbed again. Still air.

I spent the next half hour of my night ransacking every cabinet in the kitchen just to find something at all to drink. And nothing.

At this point I couldn't take it anymore. I was about to go into my room in defeat but I saw Vee's light on under her door.

I softly knocked and opened the door. My sister was sitting at her desk with headphones in.

"Hey, why're you up?" she pulled out one of her headphones and looked up at me.

"Uh-" I looked at Vee, about to lie. I'd lied enough. "Has mom moved the booze since I've left? I just- there's a lot of stress right now. I need something to drink."

"Oh, Willow told me to hide it all" Vee replied. I was confused, but felt some anger boiling.

"What?" was the only thing I could make out.

"Yeah, I can't tell where it is. She made me swear."

I put on a smirk, thinking Vee was just messing with me. "You're kidding, right."

As soon as Vee shook her head the smile faded from my face. "Just tell me where it is, Vee."

"Lucia, I can't."

"Come on," I stepped toward her more frustrated.

"Dude, I can't it's-"

"Show me where it is right now," I was basically towering above my sister.

"Lucia, I'm trying to do what's best-"

"YOU DONT DECIDE WHATS BEST FOR ME!" I grabbed my sister by her shirt and screamed in her face.

She didn't say anything.

I didn't say anything.

My anger bubbled down

and turned into fear of myself.

I let go of my sister and looked at my own shaky palms. A lump grew in my throat and tears in my eyes. I started breathing all heavy.

Who the fuck am I?

I ran out of my sister's room, down the stairs and to the front door where I fumbled with the lock for a while before finally getting it open.

I sprinted out into the crisp, cool night air. I had my mind set for the spot me and Willow used to go to in high school.

And I just blindly sprinted down the streets. The cool air stung my lungs every time I inhaled. The tears, not only from the stinging air, fell down my face. Then I got to the spot.

There was nothing I could do but collapse on the soft, dewy grass. Nowhere else to go. I cried and sobbed and screamed until I couldn't anymore. The spot was remote enough for me to do whatever I wanted without being heard.

Once it was all mostly out, I just laid in the grass for the rest of the 4 hours until the sun came up,

Thinking about how much I wanted to hold Amelia.

Amelia POV

Willow had called me and told me where she "stashed" Lucia. She said she knew Lucia just needed some time away.

Away from me.

I could hardly concentrate on any of my schoolwork. I just wanted to know if Lucia was okay. But Willow had made me promise not to call her for at least 5 days, after her mom's surgery.

Her dying mother's surgery.

I felt like shit for what had happened before Lucia left. I should have listened more. I should always have listened more, since the day we met. I didn't even know Lucia had a sister until Willow told me she was living with her for the week. Looking back I realized I had made everything about myself.

I hated myself for that.

I couldn't even be mad at her for sleeping with somebody else. I wasn't enough for her. I had never been. I was never there for her, I never listened, and she needed somebody who could do that.

That somebody wasn't me.

a/n: the angst never stops you guys.

also, some of you are wayyy too mad at Lucia, bbg just went through shitloads of trauma (more explanation in next chapter), and I get that she did some not so nice things, but maybe bbg just doesnt know how to handle emotions idk

anyways i hope you guys like it, lucia redemption arc will hopefully start soon.

ask ur questions now bc i feel like i forgot to say something down here

anyways love you guys byeeeeee