15. Peach

Dear Lovelies,

Please vote, comment, and follow for more.

"Oh god" whispered Anvi. She was in the bathroom staring down at the pregnancy test stick. It clearly showed two red lines. Rudra was not home yet. He will stay back in the hospital hostel for a couple of days. She didn't know what to do now. She came out of the bathroom and sat on her bed.

"Oh god..I am pregnant" She whispered in disbelief. She felt an intense emotion. She wanted to tell someone before she burst out of this intense emotion. It was almost midnight. She did not want to disturb Sita. She slowly lay down on her bed. Her hand instinctively wrapped around her lower belly. A lot of thoughts were raging in her mind. She wondered about Rudra's reaction. Her Rudra. She smiled at the thought. Her tired eyes drooped as she slipped into sweet slumber.

It was early morning when she felt soft lips on her cheeks. She opened her eyes to see Rudra smiling at her.

"Morning, little one" He whispered near her ears.

"When did you come?" She asked in a sleepy voice.

"Just a few minutes back. I just couldn't sleep yesterday night. I missed you" He said while unbuttoning his shirt. Anivi's eyes widened as her lips twisted into a naughty smirk.

"Oh....need my help" She tried seducing tone but it came out funny.

"Really? Someone save me from her dirty mind" Rudra crossed his arms over his nonexistent bosoms as he sprinted towards the bathroom swaying his hips. His acting skills were as pathetic as Anvi's seducing skills.

"Says the one who wakes me up at three in the morning, all needy," She said while rolling over the bed laughing.

"Have I ever told you? You sound like a tractor struggling to start when you laugh" Rudra said while peeping from the bathroom door.

"You..." Anvi threw a pillow at him. He very conveniently dodged it. She rolled over the pillows on the bed, trying to find a comfortable position. Her eyes drooped back to sleep as she smiled at her husband's antics. But, for what felt like a moment after, Anvi was lifted in mid-air by a pair of strong arms. Before her mind could comprehend, Rudra was kissing her passionately. This was not his usual. This was something else. She felt one of his hands lifting her t-shirt. He caressed her lower belly with the back of his fingers. He knew.

"How.." Anvi tried to ask but Rudra pulled her back into the kiss. He gently placed her on the bed. He never broke the kiss. Anvi responded with all her love. She felt something wet on her cheeks. She opened her eyes to find tears rolling down Rudra's cheeks.

"Thank you" Rudra whispered finally breaking the kiss. "I saw the test in the washroom".

"Thank you for your hard work too" Anvi winked at him. Both of them giggled. Rudra pulled her into his embrace. Both of them cuddled like cuddle-hungry bears and they drifted into the slumber land.

"WHAT?" Sita exclaimed. "Are you serious?" Sita was jumping out of joy, quite literally. Gola was confused. He never saw his mother act like this before.

"Mummum...what happened?" He tugged on Sita's saree. Sita picked him up and twirled him a couple of times.

"Gola, you are going to get a baby to play", She said with undying excitement. Gola did not react to this. He simply looked at a smiling Anvi and Rudra with a blank face. At the same time a bus honked from outside. Without any words, Gola walked towards his school bus.

"NO," Anvi said sternly. She came to her house to meet her parents. It has been three weeks since she told them. Her mother was urging her to come and meet her.

"Anvi, why don't you understand? You need care now. You are already 8 weeks through. If you stay here we can take better care of you" Anvi's mother tried to convince her.

"I know maa. But I have Rudra there. He wants to experience the pregnancy with me" She replied.

"But Rudra is always busy. He can always come here and..." Her mother argued.

"Mom, Sita is also there to take care of me," Anvi said in a meek voice.

"Exactly why I will never set foot in your house. After ruining my son's life, now she is behind my daughter's life" Anvi's mother said without any hesitation. Anvi's face hardened. Before she could reply to her mother her father slammed the newspaper, he was reading, on the table.

"Anvi, I think it's time to leave. I will drop you at the hospital" Although he was talking to Anvi yet he was glaring at his wife.

Anvi was lying on the hospital bed. The ultrasound screen was lit up with a black-and-white image.

"You see this small peach-shaped thing?" The doctor said while indicating on the screen with his index finger. "That is your baby"

Rudra had tears in his eyes. Anvi has a weird feeling. She knew she was pregnant. She knew that a life was growing inside her. But now that the "life" was right in front of her eyes, she realized the gravity of the situation.

"Now now.... Papa is crying. Never knew the tough Major Rudra Chaturvedi was such soft plum" The doctor teased Rudra. Rudra gave a teary smile to him. Dr. Anil Sen was a good friend of Rudra and a fan of Anvi's cooking. "Anvi Bhabhi, this calls for a Biriyani party"

" Sure, Dr. Anil. But I have a question" She asked while wiping her tears.

"Please, Anvi. Anything for the biriyani" Dr. Anil replied with a smile.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" She asked. She tried her best to make a puppy face.

"Firstly I will not fall for those puppy eyes. Next, it will take several more weeks to determine the sex of the child, and lastly.." He paused to make a blank face "Why do you want to see me behind bars? I have a family you know. Two innocent twins and a very lovely wife. Since you are a lawyer, you know this is illegal" He made a face.

" But this is unfair" Anvi whined. " He will know the gender of the baby by the next ultrasound," She said while pointing at Rudra. "This is so unfair"

"That is great. Unlike me, you can always have your ways to make him do what you want. You can always ask him." Dr. Anil said while wiggling his eyebrows at Rudra. Rudra fake glared at him. "Rest assured, the baby is quite healthy. I will just run some tests for the mumma-to-be"

In another half an hour Rudra was driving Anvi back to their home. On the way back, Rudra bought a lot of fruits and vegetables. As soon as they reached home, Rudra dragged Anvi to the shower. He stacked up the fridge with the fruits and veggies later.

"You need to eat healthily and exercise regularly now," Rudra said. He was rolling chapatis for dinner. Sita was making Anvi's favorite aloo sabzi. Gola was coloring his drawing book in the living room. Dinner was a chatty affair but everyone noticed how silent Gola was. Sita took a tired Gola to her bedroom, bidding the couple goodnight.

Anvi was lying on the bed, waiting for Rudra to join her. He came after some time with a jug of water and a jar of ladoos.

"You might get hungry at night," He said while pointing at the ladoos. "Papa made those for you" Anvi smiled at him as he settled beside her.

After a moment, Anvi crept into his arms while kissing his jaws. She gently tugged on his hair to expose his neck. She gave light, sloppy kisses on his neck.

"Little one, what is this bribe for?" Rudra whispered. He was on the verge of losing control. Anvi tilted her head to look into his half-lidded eyes. A fake innocent smile on her lips.

"You will tell me the gender, right?" She said while blinking her eyes rapidly. By the look on his face, Anvi knew he will give her a hard time.

"