Epilogue

Dear Lovelies,

I decided to write an epilogue anyway. So here is a short epilogue to close Anviand Rudra's Prem Kahani. 

Love

W

"My father is so clingy to my mother that he neglected me for the first four months of my existence just so that he could stay with her." A chiming voice echoed across the room. The voice belonged to a lovely girl with pink cheeks and black curls. She was no more than 13, yet her doe eyes made her look like a baby.

"Ah...big deal. My father is so clingy to my mother that he ignores me and my brother even now." Another girl was sitting next to the girl with curls said.

"Oh, common. Don't ever say that about Mamu. Remember, he got all three of us new laptops when my father won't." The girl with the curl pointed out.

"And my Mamu took all the tree of us camping when my father won't. My mamu is the best." The other girl said matter-of-factly.

"You two..." A tall man of around 20 stepped inside the room, pointing his finger at both the girls. " stop with your "Kaun Banega Mamu ki Chamchi"." He plopped himself on the bed. He was a mirror image of his mother - Sita.

"Right, Gola Bhai, because both of them love you." The girl with the curl rolled her eyes.

"Peach, watch that attitude of yours. I am your elder brother." He warned Peach in a stern voice. "And I am Anjan Sinha. Quit with the Gola thing."

"But how will you stop Bui from calling you Gola?" The other girl asked sarcastically.

"My dear Pear, she is my Bui. I can kill for her. A little embarrassment is nothing." He shrugged at her sister. Both the girl rolled their eyes at him.

"Spandana Chaturvedi and Vandana Sinha..." Anjan's deep voice was laced with warning. "...next time you roll your eyes at anyone, you will be rolling on the floor for hours together.

Both the girls could taste fear on their tongues. Although Anjan was the most loving, caring and responsible brother in the world, he would get the meanest at times, especially when he did not like someone's attitude.

"Omi...you better come here right now, or I will smack that butt of yours." Anvi's voice alarmed all the three siblings in the room.

"Looks like the devils are heading towards us. Let us jump out of the back window." A terrified Peach.

"Are you crazy? We are on the tenth floor." An equally horrified Pear.

Three kids ran inside the room, followed by their mother - Anvi. The three kids had the looks of an angel. They looked more or less the same. All three launched in different directions as soon as they entered the room. Peach caught hold of one of their feet, dangling the kid in mid-air, upside down. Pear caught hold of another one by his diaper before falling off the bed. Anjan pinned the third one to his chest, restricting him from any movement. By now, a huffing Rudra joined them.

"Thank god." He sighed

"Om, Jai and Jagdish Chaturvedi, wear your clothes now. Otherwise, Mumma will be furious." Anvi warned them. Rudra had the toddler's clothes in his hand.

"Bui, why don't you both take a break?" Anjan suggested. He was now turning the first kid upside. Both the girls glared at their brother.

"Thank you, Gola. I need a break." She said. Her eyes looked tired.

Rudra and Anvi left their seven-year-old triplets to Anjan, and team. Both of them threw themselves on their bed. Deep sleep took over them after they closed their eyes—a much-needed rest.

The sweet aroma of masala malai broke Anvi's slumber. She turned around to face a sleeping Rudra. She smiled at his angelic face. To this day, she could not believe her stars. She was married happily to the love of her life with four kids. Looking back, everything felt like a dream. She sometimes gets scared of waking up from this beautiful dream. It frightens her to her bones.

"What are you staring at?" Rudra's voice broke her trance.

"You." Anvi smiled. "If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up ever." She whispered with a serene smile on her lips. Rudra pulled her little frame to his chest. He leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers. The kiss was firm yet soothing. He flipped them over and pressed her body to the mattress to deepen the kiss. His palm held her face in place while she just submitted to his dominance. After what felt like an eternity, Rudra broke the kiss.

"This is reality, my love, our reality. I will prove it every time you become delusional." He said with a smirk on his lips.

"How do you plan to do that, Colonel Rudra Chaturvedi?" Anvi played along.

"Maybe we can make some quadruplets next." Rudra chuckled. Anvi's eyes widened.

"Nope, no, never Ruraji. You are prohibited from touching me." Anvi tried to push Rudra away, but he was faster. He caught hold of her wrist and kissed her again.

"That will never happen, little one. I will love you for this eternity and beyond." He murmured on her lips and dived into the kiss once more.

What does a content life look like? What does loving someone selflessly feel like? One can only know if they are stubborn enough to stick around and believe.