Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"IF I WAS YOUR BOYFRIEND, I'D NEVER LET YOU GO..." My phone rang out loud. Yeah that's right I have Justin Bieber as my ring tone, it's me and Amy's special song.

I groan out loud before picking up my phone. Speaking of Amy, its her who is calling.

"Hello?" I ask begrudgingly.

"H-he never came home.." Amy sobs into the phone.

"Shit, Amy hold that thought!" I run into the bathroom before again, puking my guts up into the toilet. And once again here comes mom to check on me and ask if I'm OK. And strangely after a few minutes, I am.

"Sorry Amy, I just vomited all over the place.. So Luke never came home?" I say curiously.

"Nope.."

"I'm coming over and we'll find him and we'll pick up Shannon on the way." And with that I'm dressed and then out the door. Mom and I aren't going to be really spending Day 2 together anyway...

Amy walks out of her house slowly looking down at the ground. I feel so sorry for her. I mean we could be getting worried about nothing but I understand why she's getting so worked up, Luke would always give a heads up if anything happens and he always answers his phone.

"Hey." She says getting into the car. She's the complete opposite of who she usually is.

"Don't worry Amy we'll find him." I say with a half-hearted smile. I'm sure we will find him, I mean it's Luke. He's so tall that you'd see him two miles down the road.

We reach Shannon's house and I beep the horn signaling for her to come out. Eventually she does but she's confused. I guess I would be too, we arrived without telling her. That explains why she still has her pajama bottoms on.

"What?" She asks confused.

"Luke never came home so we're on a mission, get your ass back inside and put on some clothes." I tell her quickly She runs back inside and comes back out in no time.

Let the mission begin...

******** 

We've been driving around for about two hours now and still Luke isn't around. Shannon suggests that we go to the music store but it's not open until 12:30pm, which is exactly an hour from now.

"Let's go get some lunch and then we'll head out again." Shannon says as we drive past Starbucks. I park my car on the curb and we head inside. We just get three hot chocolates and plan places to go to after this.

"Didn't you say you were vomiting this morning?" Amy asks sipping her hot chocolate.

"Yeah but if goes away after like 10 minutes, it happened yesterday too." I answer. Shannon and Amy share a look which makes me uneasy.

"What?" I ask confused.

"When was your last period?" Shannon asks. A little bit personal don't yah think? Wait.. When was my last period?

"Ehm, like two months ago..." I answer catching onto what they're saying. Oh gosh! I can't be... PREGNANT!

"We need to go to the pharmacy after we search for Luke and buy you some tests!" Amy exclaims. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh!

"I-I can't be p-pregnant." I mutter mostly to myself. I can't be? Conor and I always made sure we were protected...

"You guys can we please go buy me some tests now and test them so it'll be around 12:30 when we're done and then we can go to the music store instead of waiting around." I moaned. Seriously, who would be able to wait about something like this? This is big.

"I agree, sorry Amy but she needs to know if there's a baby inside her." Shannon says sympathetically. Amy understands but I know she's eager to search for Luke. But I'm sure Luke's fine, I could be having a baby for God sake!

We reach the pharmacy in no time but now all we got to do is pick out a pregnancy test. There's such a big variety, and it's so hard to choose. Eventually we buy ones that tell you how far along you've been pregnant. We buy three just to be safe.

I don't think I've ever drove so fast in my life. I probably broke the speed limit trying the get home. I run up the stairs into the bathroom with Amy and Shannon following closely behind. I shut the door and get down to business.

I must say I'm terrified right now. I followed the instructions and now I have to wait five minutes for the three tests. This is hell, torture and pain all at the same time.

"ONE WAY OR ANOTHER..." That's Amy's phone ringing. She answers it and I put my ear against the door listening. Hey, I'm not an eavesdropper, this could be Luke telling her everythings OK. This whole mess could just get a little simpler with this phone call.

But I must be wrong because a crying Shannon comes barging through the door, grabs my hand and walks me out of the house. And we're followed by a bawling Amy who's barely remembering to breathe. I'm put in the drivers side of my car and told to drive to Central Park when the girls get in.

"OK can I know what's going on now?" I ask. I'm so annoyed, I just took a pregnancy test and now I don't even know what's going on and I can't see my results.

"L-Luke was killed, someone f-found him in the lake at the park and rang Amy s-since he had so many missed calls from h-her." Shannon tells me sobbing. Amy's just in the back, not making a sound. She has her head in between her knees and she's shaking.

I try not to cry for the sake of our lives, I am driving right now. But still, I'm crying pretty hard. Luke was our only man left, our protector. Now it's just us three, now all single, girls.

Luke's after been pulled out of the lake by the person who found him, he's pale and as cold as ice. Amy's sitting beside his body crying her eyes out and Shannon's standing over her whimpering. I just don't know what to do... I stand there crying softly, not able to move. He looks so peaceful right there. We know Luke was murdered because he's covered in bruises and cuts so obviously someone threw him in here.

"I love you..." Amy whispers, holding his hand. I know exactly what she's going through, it's horrible. It feels like your heart was just torn out of your chest and shot thousands of times.

The ambulance and police come and Luke's body has been taken away. Why were me and Amy's boyfriends taken from us? Or rather who's next? Oh gosh! One of us is next! Why is this happening?! All I want to do is have Conor right now telling me everythings OK, but everythings not OK.

There's no evidence left from Luke's murderer either. The water had washed away finger prints and what not. We were told his lungs were filled with water so he drowned, but he was unconscious when he was thrown in. At least it wasn't painful, probably the only good thing about this whole thing, Luke was not in pain.

One of the policemen brings us home. We're all crying, I mean Amy and Luke have been together for seven years now so she's absolutely heart broken. I know that their future would've been bright, they would've got married and had Amy's dream come true of having children.

We get home and the cop talks to mom about everything. I think it's time I have a little chat to her about those notes I received. Strangely there wasn't one left with Luke, probably because it would've been ruined in the water. Amy and Shannon decide to stay over at mine tonight. This was probably best for Amy, making sure she was OK and not doing something stupid. It's no secret that Amy would give up everything for him, he's practically her world.

The cops gone, mom made us hot chocolate and we're currently watching Amy's favourite movie, White Chicks, nothing better than that to cheer her up. Then I remember something.. My tests!

I run into the bathroom and pick up the three tests. I slowly turn them over, only to find something else to turn my whole day upside down.

"Amy... Shannon..." I shout.

They both walk in, Amy crying and Shannon just emotionless. Then they see the tests in my hands and Amy stops crying, Shannon waits for my answer.

"You guys... We need to think of baby names... I'm pregnant..." I whisper. A tear rolls down my cheek as I look at the green ticks on the tests. It also says I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I couldn't be happier, note the sarcasm.

My life just keeps getting better...