Chapter 32- Belle's POV

The rain seemed to stop as soon as I said my prayer, and the moon came out of hiding. There was a still of promise in the air in which the Moon Goddess told me that she was going to help me keep my promise and that the king would be safe.

I breathed a sigh of relief and dipped my head in thanks before I cleared my throat and moved a hand across my face, trying to figure out the best way to get him back to the kingdom so that he could be helped.

Conner cleared his throat, and I looked at him to see that he looked between us with something in his eyes that I couldn't explain. He looked at me, and the pain and sadness was evident in his eyes while he studied me for a moment.

"Yes?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. I shifted a little in front of the king, making sure that I was in his way, even though a part of me knew that he wouldn't harm the king for whatever reason. "What is it? What do you want?"

Conner cleared his throat again and bowed his head, making sure that his gaze was towards the two of us. "Do you want to take the Hummer?" he asked and gestured to the car that was left behind. "I can help you load him in it, and you can drive back to wherever you need to go so that he can be looked after."

I hesitated and narrowed my eyes at the man that I was supposed to call my uncle. I had no idea what he was implying, what his reasoning was, and I wasn't sure if I trusted him enough to know where the kingdom lies.

"There are no strings attached," he said and shook his head, "and I will not follow you to wherever you go. My family will not either, so you do not have to worry about that."

Again, I stayed silent before I looked at Riser when he snorted.

My horse shook his head as if to say no, and I shook my head too while I looked at Conner.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I said. "However, you might be able to help me put him on the back of Riser. I think that might be the easiest way to get him back to his home besides using the Hummer." I licked my lips and cleared my throat while I looked away before I looked at him. "It'd cause unrest amongst the pack if I use the Hummer, and I don't want to do that by accident."

Conner hesitated but nodded. '"Then allow me to help you put him on the horse," he said. He paused and looked at Riser before he looked at me. "And how are we going to do that?" he asked and raised an eyebrow question.

"Riser, come here," I said and gestured to my other side, and my horse was instantly there, making sure not to step on me or the king. "Lay down so that we can get him on you easier. Ok?"

Riser eyed Conner before he snorted and shook his head as if to say no. He tapped the ground, and I rolled my eyes when he tapped out "no."

"Riser, come on," I said, mentally groaning. "We have to hurry. I can't lose the king, and he's the only help that we have to get him on you so that we can go. I don't want to cause them panic by taking the Hummer, and there is no other way. Please, lay down so that we can get him on your back. Please."

Riser grumbled but did what I asked and laid down. He kept his eyes on Conner, and I knew that he would protect me and attack him if I was threatened in any way. His ears were close to the back of his head, but he didn't try anything yet, much to my relief.

I bit back a sigh of relief, grateful that he did what I asked and looked at Conner. "Can you help, please?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper and Conner nodded instantly.

"I can," he said. He cleared his throat and looked at the king before he looked at me. "What do you want me to do?"

I licked my lips and cleared my throat while I looked between the king and my horse and then at Conner. "Can you grab him under one arm? I will grab him under the other arm, and hopefully we should be able to put him on Riser that way."