Chapter 50- Belle's POV

"Uhhhh, what?" he asked, stuttering slightly. He stood and took a step back and moved away from Gavin with Gavin following him, looking more and more like a predator than he did before he told my father he was going to be dealt with. "W-W-What are you talking about, Gavin?" he asked, stuttering. "What are you doing? What's going on?"

"Oh, I am going to kill you," Gavin said and sneered, and my father's eyes grew wider. "What do you think that I am doing?" He raised an eyebrow in question and took another threatening step toward him.

My father gulped and looked around to see if anyone would help them, but no one made any move toward him, not even Leo, even though Leo looked like he wanted to. He looked at Gavin again, his face growing paler and paler until he looked like he had seen a ghost.

Gavin chuckled darkly and stalked my father until he got him into a place where my father couldn't move from even if he tried. He narrowed his eyes and bared his teeth, and his whole body shook while he grew larger and larger with each passing second.

"Ga-"

"Shut up," he snarled, baring his teeth and interrupting my father while he narrowed his eyes further and scowled. He grabbed my father's throat and lifted him up into the air, and my father gasped and started to claw at his hands while Gavin just laughed. "Oh, you poor, weak, and defenseless, Hunter," he said and tsked, shaking his head, and my father's eyes grew wide.

Shit...

He knew...

My heart skipped a beat before it started to pound harder and faster in my chest and leapt into my throat, and I grabbed my bow tighter and pulled back on the arrow, praying that he would just let my father go, even though I knew that he wouldn't.

"What do you mean, Gavin?" my father gasped out still clawing at my ex-'s hand to get it off his throat without much success. "I am not a Hunter. I barely own any weapons."

"You are a Schmit," Gavin growled, baring his teeth in warning while he grabbed my father's neck tighter. "You are a son of Valter Schmit."

Leo's eyes grew wide while his face grew pale. He took a step back and looked between the two of them with realization filling in his eyes while he thought about me. "W-W-What?" he stuttered out, earning a sharp laugh from Gavin.

"Oh, don't act like you didn't know, Leonardo," Gavin said and grabbed my father's neck tighter. "Why else would you have gotten my father involved when I tried to kill that stupid pesky brat?"

"I-I didn't know," Leo said and shook his head, his face growing paler while he took another step back. "I-I helped with B-B-Belle because she was a-a-a friend of mine."

"Hmph." Gavin sneered. "Some friend she is," he said before he turned his attention back to my father. "Now, do you have any last words before I kill you?" He grabbed my father's throat tighter, and my father slowly started to stop fighting for his life.

"I-" He stopped talking when an arrow appeared out of "nowhere" and ended up in Gavin's hand.

Gavin howled in pain and dropped my father to the ground, and my father gasped for air before he started to breathe normally. "Who did that?" he yelled and looked around with an angry sneer on his face. "Who the fuck shot me?"

I nudged my horse forward and pulled another arrow out of my quiver, not knowing what I was doing but knowing that I needed to do something while I showed myself to the group. "I did," I said and pulled the string back so that I was ready to release another one if provoked. "And I will shoot another one at you again if you do not step away from my father, Gavin."