Chapter Nineteen

JONAS

Diana angrily walked past me from Aiden's office. This was the second time I was seeing her today, and I had never seen her this angry since the day Aiden got his first girlfriend in high school.

I wondered what it was about and wished it had nothing to do with what happened in high school. I stared at Lizzy to get a whiff of something, but she was more confused than I was.

The only person who could answer my questions was Aiden, and it was about time, too. Diana being around is never good news. She should have stayed in London and if she was back, something was up.

When I entered the office, Aiden barely noticed me. He had his head in his hands and it made me wonder if he'd been sleeping much these days. Nicole said she would turn him down again, but I hoped he was taking care of himself.

"Bro, what is she doing here again,"

"It's nothing. What's the update?"

"Aiden, that didn't look like anything. If you need help, you could just ask me or Jessi,"

"I'm not getting you guys involved this time. I'll take care of it,"

I didn't believe him because Aiden has done very poorly in the past in anything relating to his family. For me, I created a double life, but Aiden walked away from everything. Unfortunately, he was an only child and the heir to everything.

Aiden was already a self-made billionaire, but with his family, he would be one of the richest people on the planet. I sat down and gave him my phone. It has been a few hours since he asked me to find the journalist that took the photo and I took too long.

"My men found him 30 minutes ago. He should be in our facilities by now," I told him.

His frown deepened, and I saw a strange fire in his eyes. Was it the talk with Diana? What made his protective instinct kick back in?

"Do you want me to handle it?" I asked, taking my phone back, but he stopped me by holding my hand.

"No," he said. "I'll come with you,"

"It's been a while since you went into my world. Will you be ok?'

"I need to blow off some steam anyways," he replied getting up.

I smiled and followed him out of the office. I was happy doing this with Aiden. It brought back old memories of when I showed him how things worked in my family, but I was having second thoughts. Aiden's death focus was scaring me. I ignored it and went out of the building with him.

My driver Danny was waiting for us and opened the door for us. He drove us to the out sketch of the city. By the time we got here night had taken most of the sky. We got out of the car and scanned the area. I hadn't been here in months.

It was an area for an abandoned construction project. This particular rubble belonged to my family, and the journalist was tied up inside. About thirty to fifty of my men surrounded several floors of the construction site.

We climbed the stair to where he was held lead by Danny to see that fifteen men were camping out on that floor. They all stood at attention when they saw me.

I wiggled my finger signalling one of them to come to me and the squad leader code name B3 walked towards me.

"Where is he?" I asked.

He pointed at the man hanging by his hands in the distance.

"Good job B3. take your men and go for a light or something. We'll take it from here,"