Chapter Thirty-Eight

NICOLE

I let Aiden pull me along into the most classy hair salon I have ever seen in my life. Nicole Banks was an heiress, but I have never been anywhere this fancy. My mother had someone who took care of my hair.

When I entered college, I used the regular saloon like everyone else.

The saloon was so bright with a white and black colour balance. The walls, the ceiling, the floors. Everything screamed luxury. As we walked, I spotted the makeup room. Only a glass wall separated it, but I could see people working there. All these people were likely famous.

Aiden walked with purpose like he knew where he was going. I found it suspicious because why would Aiden know his way around a beauty salon?

"Come in here," Aiden said, dragging me into a unique room.

I gasped when I saw where we were. This salon had a separate room for taking care of black hair. Almost everyone staff in this room had melanin on their skin and I instantly felt safe.

"Aiden!" a voice squealed.

We both turned to see the source of the voice and a very gorgeous man walked towards us while swaying his hips. He was so perfect I felt inferior to my walk. Maybe I could ask him to show me how to walk with such confidence.

He paused when he reached us and frowned, looking around for something. When he didn't find what he needed, he gave Aiden a judgy look.

"Where's Jonas?" he asked.

"He's a bit busy at the moment," Aiden replied.

"I knew that bitch was lying. He owes me more than a drink," he finally notices me. "Who do we have here?"

The man pulls me to his side and turns me around, eyeing every inch of me. His amusement showed me he was pleased with what he saw, but I was so shy around him. How did he build so much confidence? I wanted it too.

"Um, hi," I say in a low tone.

"Nicole, this is Teni, a good friend of Jonas. He recommended him so he's the only one I can trust to take care of you," Aiden explained. "I hope you don't mind,"

"Why would I mind? I love it here and I think Teni is phenomenal," I blurted out before I could stop myself.

Teni and Aiden bursted out laughing, and I felt embarrassed. I sounded like a fan girl meeting a celebrity. You can't blame me. Teni was dressed like a celebrity stylist and if I asked, he was probably one.

"Nice to meet you too, sweetheart," Teni said, moving to touch my hair. "My goodness girl, how long have you had them on?"

"Almost two months," I replied.

"Ok! You," he pointed to Aiden. "You need to go. My girls and I have work to do,"

"You should've come hours ago," he whispered as he dragged me off.

Teni clapped twice and three girls dressed in employee uniforms showed up. Even their work outfits looked like designers with cute name tags pinned to their jackets. Teni pushed me into an empty chair and the girls got started on taking my braid out.

After that, Teni brought a catalogue for me to choose my braid style and colour. It was hard deciding on a style and colour because I could barely focus. Aiden probably got me out of the house so I could think about other things.

While I was getting my hair done, I expected Aiden to go and come back to get me. He looked so lost for the first few minutes here. It was obvious this was his first time in a salon. However, he found a seat inside the salon and watched me the entire time.