- CHAPTER ONE

EDEN

FLAWED EVE:

FLAWED EVE:

"What is the matter with her?" High Evoluntary stomped down the halls of the Sovereign Golden Lab, not looking back as the scientist shyly shuffled behind him.

"Well, nothing—" spoke one female scientist, but she quickly silenced herself as her companion shot her a glare.

"Then what is the matter?" growled the man, turning to face the scientists with a stare that could kill.

The scientists stopped in their place, gripping their clipboards close to their chests. Their mouths opened to find the right words, unsure how to explain what they believed to be flawed about Eve. Instead of speaking the truth, the male and female scientists lowered their heads to avoid their creator's distasteful daggers.

Growing tired of this, the High Evolutionary spun around to continue down the hall, reaching a door that swooshed open once he settled before it.

Inside the room, scientists hovered around Eve who sat on a medical bed, wearing a hospital gown. Cables connect to her head while her arm is outstretched, a needle dug into her skin. Above them, Ayesha stood in the overlook with her arms crossed. Watching on in silence as the glass kept her safe.

All heads snapped to face the High Evolutionary and the room went silent. Only beeps from medical machines echoed.

Eve, whose stare had been blank, placed her attention onto the man standing at the doorway. He, different from the rest, made Eve tilt her head. The High Evolutionary was not what she believed. His name had been spoken many times during her short time of awareness, but she thought he would be bigger. Instead, a normal-sized individual who favored a human mutat-cyborg stepped closer.

A prosthetic mask modeled after his original undamaged face to conceal his grotesque appearance smiled at her. Although the face mask was able to perfectly mimic his expressions and lip movements, it stretched unnaturally across his head. The stories of what happened to him were vague, but Eve wasn't afraid. Nor did she think much of it.

The complexion of the skin held features of a human with African ancestry. Though, this man wasn't from Earth, but from a similar planet that had been forgotten about many years ago.

"There she is," spoke the man, inching closer and closer. Enthusiastic to examine his latest creation.

Once in front of her, his hand tucks underneath her chin to lift her head. His other hand tore the wires connected at the top of her head, the same wires to study the inquisitive brain waves. He then took both of his thumbs to open the bottom and upper lid of her right eye. The golden orb moves from left then right, as he comes to the conclusion that her sight wasn't deformed. With satisfaction, he moves to open her mouth, noticing her straight teeth.