- CHAPTER FIVE

EDEN

MEETING YOU

MEETING YOU

A golden aircraft balanced itself in the middle of an old farming hut. The door leading into the craft opened with a snap, and through the smoke, Eve crawled from out of the inside that sparked and groaned. The farmers who witnessed what they thought was a fallen star ran toward the structure to see smoke and gold. One man truly believed they had found the ticket to paradise, but as a woman crawled out and landed on a plank of wood with a dazed expression, they realized this wasn't what they thought.

As her golden skin shimmered in the sunlight, the farmers knew exactly what she was to be and ran in the opposite direction—Eve stumbled to the front lawn of the old hut, landing on her hands and knees. Looking upward, she could see the farmers running towards their homes. They were frightened by her very existence.

With a grunt, Eve wobbled to her feet, looking around at the land to see nothing but wooden buildings, multi-colored trees, and green grass. Nothing was gold or brown. But of all colors. Colors she had only seen on vids. And off in the distance, she could see a city. The buildings reached the skies, and her curiosity grew. The farmers looked like humans. She began to question if she had landed on Tara as she wanted.

"Excuse me!" Eve shouts, raising the skirt of her dress to step along the path leading into the small town. The woman went to the first house she could reach, looking into the high windows to see a farmer's wife shut the curtains. Eve's brows wrinkled at how rude everyone was being. She shuffled towards the steps leading up to the front entrance. Checking the doorknob, but it was locked. "Excuse me, is this Earth?"

"Go away!" shouts the farmer.

Eve recoiled from the door, glaring at the wood as if it had offended her;

"You are extremely rude!" Eve shouts, leaving the stairs to try another home. This time, the door falls open, and Eve steps into a small living room. In the corner, a family of five cower. Eve looks at them in confusion. She couldn't understand why they were so afraid of her. She wasn't that threatening-looking, was she?

Coming to her right, the sound of a man shouting caught her attention, and she acknowledged one of the farmers made it his mission to go at her full force with a pitchfork. Eve took the pitchfork by the shaft before the sharp edges could stab her face. With her fingers tight, the wood breaks in half, causing the fork to fall on the floor with a thud.

The farmer, surprised, looked up at her while his body trembled. Still holding the pitchfork at the other end.

"I thought you humans are supposed to welcome their guests with some kindness," Eve says, pulling the pitchfork shaft away from the farmer. She didn't realize that her height played a factor in this. Sovereign people were tall. They towered over most species, and they were also known for destroying others without much thought. It didn't help that the woman had been covered in golden blood.