- CHAPTER THREE

EDEN

   EDEN

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

TARA

           The world moved with time while Eve sat still in limbo, waiting for something to happen. Since awakening, Eve passed her exams and did her best to keep her image acceptable. At every tactful event she attended to learn from Ayesha, Eve listened. Every ball, every grand meal, every concealed meeting, Eve sat still. But after a year went by without a word about what was genuinely needed of her never happened, Eve began to grow restless. It felt tiresome to be held in constant light, told she was the chosen one to do something great, yet here she sat in a room.

Another exam. Another day of nothing.

Eve sat on the floor with her arms crossed and her legs underneath her. She refuses to do what Celestia wants—refuses to listen.

What is the point?

Across from her sat an alien that resembled a rodent. The poor creature sat in a clear container, moving around frantically to escape. Eve declined to look at it, knowing what Celestia wanted from her could cause it great pain.

"Eve," Celestia's voice spoke into the intercom above Eve's head. "I need you to follow instructions. I need you to use your powers to make that mouse do what you want."

Ayesha stood beside Celestia, watching the holographic monitor with much interest. The woman leading this nation had been called upon by Celestia herself due to Eve's lack of interest. Celestia didn't know what to do at this point. Eve wouldn't break. She wouldn't Move or listen. Not even an apple could break this. So, Ayesha was needed to get Eve to budge.

"What's wrong? Why isn't she listening?" Ayesha blinked, pressing her finger against her chin. "Is she sick? Is she broken?"

Celestia moved away from the microphone to look up at her High Priestess as if she had said something utterly ridiculous because it was.

"No offense, but she isn't a machine, madame. She's just in her rebellious stage."

Ayesha snapped her gaze at Celestia. How could that be so? Eve has been alive for a year and has shown signs of maturity. There was no way the woman sitting on the floor felt the urge to be rebellious.

"If I don't get some results at all, the High Evolutionary will do what he said he would do," Celestia tells Ayesha. Although he had forgotten Eve, leaving her in the dust to play with his new toys—he could very well see no more information coming in about Eve and taking the woman away along with killing everyone.

Ayesha took the mic, clearing her throat while tapping it before speaking;

"My darling, Eve. You have been doing quite well for a long time now. Why don't you do what Celestia tells you?" Ayesha questioned.