- CHAPTER TWO

EDEN

THE VOICE OF EVE

THE VOICE OF EVE

As a calm came over the room, Celestia stood before her colleagues. Her lip is pressed together while her fists are shoved in her lab coat pockets. There was a risk as this meeting with the individuals before Celestia was a secret, but she was willing to take that risk to save Eve.

"What you're suggesting will kill us all!" shouts one old scientist.

"I am not going to take her apart for his madness!" Celestia argued, shaking her head at the cowards before her. "If we do, we have no idea how any of that could change her!"

Although Celestia agreed to the High Evolutionary's demand, she couldn't proceed. She couldn't change Eve's issue.  Celestia did not feel right to do so. If Eve is meant to be their transition and the one to modify things for their civilization, Celestia would not dare to change anything about her.

While she agonized about the subject, her colleagues and friends prepared to do what Evolutionary wanted. Celestia couldn't have it. She wasn't going to allow it to happen.

"He comprehends more adequately than anyone in this room. And he said she is flawed, Celestia! If she is flawed, how can she be our evolutionary?" A young man gazed at Celestia with worry. For years, he had grown fawn of her. Admittedly, he loved Celestia. However, this sacrifice had to be done to please their God.

"She's an abomination!" called out someone from the back. "There is nothing wrong with the sugary to make her normal!"

Celestia rolled her eyes. If she wanted to hear their cries about how Eve is a disappointment, the conversation would have gone in a different direction.

"She's not an abomination, and she is not a mistake," spoke another—finally, someone on Celestia's side. "We should listen to Celestia! Eve deserves to prove herself. Maybe this is a good thing! We've lived long enough, and while other civilizations advance, we stay the same. We can't allow those—creatures who aren't Sovereign- to beat our favoritism."

After a moment, more voices agreed, causing Celestia to straighten her posture. The sudden shift in the room had altered to positivity, and those who were too afraid to speak up finally gathered the courage—those who disagreed searched around with baffled expressions, confused by the turnaround.

"But not doing what he wants will make us fall out of High Evolutionary's good grace!" challenged the man who secretly loved Celestia.

"We could fake the files. Fake any medical records. Fake the outcomes," Celestia took one step forward, ready to risk everything for the sake of her people and Eve. "I beg you all to think about the good that could come from this."